Globally, till Monday afternoon, more than 29.8 lakh cases were recorded. The rapid rate of transmission has provided health authorities with an avalanche of insights.
While some doctors have reported that the virus may trigger strokes in those between the age group of 30-40, doctors at Mount Sinai Hospital in NY detected signs of blood thickening and clotting in different organs of Covid-19 patients.
This undated photo provided by U. Centres for Disease Control and Prevention shows CDCs laboratory test kit for the new coronavirus.
The WHO webpage says the symptoms of COVID-19 are mentioned as fever, dry cough, tiredness, aches and pains, nasal congestion, sore throat and diarrhoea. Notably, almost 14.8 per cent of COVID-19 affected patients in the United States have been found to be experiencing this sign.
The 46-year-old Brit described his muscle pain in vivid detail: "Woke up with really painful, aching muscles and a very sore throat". Majority unknowingly transmitted the viral infection to others.
It is "a result of cells of the immune system releasing interleukins, which are proteins that help in the fight against invading pathogens", he said. The CDC warns that not all individuals with COVID-19 will experience all symptoms and symptoms may range from mild to severe.
You must begin the self-isolation process from the moment symptoms appear.
"If your symptoms are mild, you'll usually be advised to not leave your home for at least seven days", reads NHS advice. It might take a COVID-19 patient two to 14 days to develop any or all of these symptoms after being exposed to the virus.
It has turned out, for example, that many people with COVID-19 do not have fevers or that their fevers wax and wane, and are sometimes accompanied by chills.
- South Korea confident that rumours of Kim Jong Un illness are wrong
- South Korea says North Korea's Kim may be trying to avoid coronavirus
- Cuomo wants to 'reimagine' rather than reopen NY after lockdown
- Italy, Spain begin to ease lockdowns
- Premier Ford to unveil framework for reopening province amid COVID-19
- 2019/2020 season French Ligue 1 abandoned amid COVID-19 pandemic
- NY hospitalization rate down again, pharmacies to become test collection sites
- Official UFO video released by Pentagon
- U.K.'s Boris Johnson rules out swift end to coronavirus lockdown
- New Zealand 'Eliminated' Virus Saying "We Have Won That Battle"