Nanaimo-born Capt. Kevin Hagen is among the missing.
Local media said the H-148 Cyclone helicopter, which flew from Canadian frigate Fredericton, had been 92 kilometres off the Greek island of Kefalonia.
The Canadian frigate and submarine-hunting helicopter had been deployed since Jan 20 on Nato's Operation Reassurance, aimed at deterring Russian Federation intervention in eastern and central Europe.
The release of the report into the 2015 crash of a Canadian Forces patrol aircraft which injured several crew members also took about two years.
Greece's state broadcaster, ERT, initially reported one body has been discovered and that five others were missing.
At the time of the accident, the crew and allied ships were "not conducting surveillance or targeted operations on any particular vessel, adversary or otherwise", said Canada's military chief of staff, General Jon Vance.
"Greece has sent a marine helicopter to participate in the rescue operation", the source said.
Abbigail Cowbrough, a marine systems engineering officer originally from Toronto, was confirmed dead Thursday.
They perished in the crash of their CH-148 Cyclone Helicopter Wednesday afternoon during a training exercise off the shores of Greece.
"All of them are heroes", he said. Matthew Pyke from Truro, N.S.; and Master Cpl. "On behalf of all Canadians, I want to offer my deepest support to their families, their friends, their shipmates, and their fellow CAF members".
"Our hearts are heavy with the recent news from HMCS Fredericton".
In addition, an RCAF Flight Safety team will depart Canada on Friday to investigate the circumstances of the accident.
According to Vance the voice and data flight recorders has been recovered and flown to Canada for analysis.
- North Korean Leader Kim Jong Un Reappears - at Fertilizer Plant
- Bollywood actor Irrfan Khan dies at 53
- Biden denial of assault allegations may help him, or not
- Best ways to make your website stand out from the rest
- Elon Musk knocks US$14bn off Tesla market value
- Most active Western Conference teams this offseason
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Newsom Says Only Orange County Beaches Will Close
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- FDA moving at 'lightning speed' on Gilead drug, commissioner says