In the aftermath of last year's Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker, there's been a lot of debate over what Star Wars is actually about.
The Kiwi talent directed season finale of Disney+'s The Mandalorian and played the part of droid IG-11.
Taika Waititi also wrote "Thor: Love and Thunder " and is directing the Chris Hemsworth starrer film.
According to reports, the new "Star Wars" film would be directed by the filmmaker of "Thor:Ragnarok".
No release date was announced for either project.
The first, and kinda-only, big hit for Disney Plus, The Mandalorian gave us a masked bounty hunter with a heart of stone that slowly melted under the pressure of the adorable Baby Yoda (The Child, if you're a pedant).
Wilson-Cairns is a fantastic screenwriter and is fresh off her Oscar nomination for her work co-writing 1917 with Sam Mendes.
As you can see in the new key art, some of the classic battles spanning across the saga are shown, including the Battle of Geonosis at the start of the Clone Wars, to the Battle of Hoth in the Empire Strikes back. Also coming to Disney Plus: A series about Rogue One's Cassian Andor before the events of that film, and a Ewan McGregor-starring Obi Wan Kenobi series that takes place between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.
- Trump claims US will have coronavirus vaccine by end of 2020
- Biden denial of assault allegations may help him, or not
- Cuomo: 3% of Hudson Valley Residents Recovered From COVID-19
- 'Murder hornets' in Washington state threaten bees and whip up media swarm
- Canada bans military-style assault rifles 12 days after mass shooting
- Kim Jong-un reappears in North Korea after weeks of speculation
- Meet Wilfred Johnson, newborn son of British PM Boris Johnson and fiancee
- Dr. Anthony Fauci Says Sports Might Not Happen For Remainder of 2020
- Weekly poll results: iPhone SE (2020) splits opinions
- Japan asks US for stable remdesivir supply as Tokyo rushes approval