Presumptive Democratic presidential challenger Joe Biden announced late on Friday that his party had "secured" him the minimum 1991 delegates needed to win the formal nomination.
As the states that voted Tuesday updated their results, a team of analysts at The Associated Press parsed the votes into the correct congressional districts so the delegates could be allocated between Biden and Bernie Sanders.
After he suffered in key early nominating votes in Iowa and New Hampshire, leading African American political influencers swung behind Barack Obama's two-term vice-president in the run-up to the SC primary and the Super Tuesday series of primaries and Biden scored unexpectedly resounding victories.
The op-ed was signed by a mix of Republicans and Democrats, including former defense secretaries Leon Panetta, Chuck Hagel, Ash Carter and William Cohen; former national intelligence director James Clapper; former CIA director Michael Hayden; and former Navy secretaries Sean O'Keefe, Ray Mabus and Richard Danzig. "Today, the FOP and other labor groups are far less open to addressing gun control issues, things that traditionally they supported and that Biden worked very closely and successfully with them on". As a Senator, he had voted to approve the landmark civilian nuclear deal between the two countries in 2008. We have to appeal to that and unite people.
The former vice president started his speech addressing the coronavirus pandemic and the death of George Floyd at the hands of police, then spent a significant portion of his remarks addressing Latino Democrats.
"This is a hard time in America's history".
United States 2020: Biden wins Democratic nomination, battles Trump in November
The majority of Americans believe the U.S. is spiraling "out for control", a Sunday poll conducted by The Wall Street Journal and NBC News found.
"And when we're done, we're not simply gonna glue it back together". Many users in the comments section explained that their appearance on the show did nothing to help their chance at the presidency.
The stakes in the general election have risen since Biden launched his campaign in April 2019 with a video portraying Trump as a profound threat to America. Hillary Clinton exclusively received college-degree holding voters by 9 share points and Biden has assist by 24 share points.
"Texas is an important battleground state for our campaign in 2020".
- Pregnant elephant dies after eating pineapple rigged with firecrackers
- Italy opens borders for tourists from European Union and Schengen area
- Videos of police brutality during protests shock US — George Floyd
- A review of content policies will be done: Zuckerberg says after backlash
- It's gonna be sweet: don't miss the Strawberry Moon eclipse
- See images of the impressive "Strawberry Moon" in Greece
- Two Charged Ex-Minneapolis Officers Blame Derek Chauvin For George Floyd's Death
- Spielberg will host two races in month of July
- Russian Federation declares state of emergency after diesel spill in Siberia
- Thousands of HK police mobilised for banned Tiananmen vigil