The 24-year-old Germany worldwide has been in superb form for the Bundesliga side this season, scoring 26 goals and making eight assists in 32 league games for Leipzig.
Abraham is in talks over a new deal but Werner's arrival could limit his game-time given both prefer to play as a No. 9. It's been about that in the most successful years when we've been a successful club in the Roman Abramovich era, mainly. He has to sustain and improve on that, because at Chelsea we have demands. "We are happy with that and it was very joined up from our end how we went about it". I don't mind the idea.
"I wasn't aware of Brighton's late winner", he told his post match press conference.
'We've done some Zoom sessions online with the whole squad, doing some strength work, which was fun. There were initial fears the reduction in funding would take place this year, at a time when clubs are facing huge financial problems, with no income because of the season being postponed.
"We feel Timo Werner is a signing who will improve us". The Manchester United and England player cited his own childhood experience of relying on free school lunches and food banks.
Coverage of Manchester City's behind-closed-doors victory over Arsenal at the Etihad Stadium reached a reported peak audience of 3.4 million, approaching record levels, while the earlier match between Aston Villa and Sheffield United at Villa Park saw a peak audience of 2.7 million, as fans flocked to their tv screens for Premier League football's return.
"We are hoping to have the extension of Pedro and Willian, but if our squad looks different to what it looked like in the first part of the season then it changes it for us without a doubt". Lampard confirmed he is keen for the pair to sign short-term deals to complete the season.
That start date is far from certain, though, with some League One and Two clubs already indicating they do not wish to begin play until significant crowds are allowed back into stadiums. We have done some business now that will hopefully improve us for next season and we want to keep moving forward. It is well documented a couple of those conversations are ongoing.
- Momentum builds for making Juneteenth a federal holiday
- Trump administration sues to block publication of John Bolton's book
- Google Meet video conference service coming soon to Gmail for Android, iOS
- Defectors prepare packages to send to N Korea despite tensions
- HTC U20 5G and Desire 20 Pro Unveiled
- Modi denies Chinese incursion into India before deadly clash
- 197 new COVID-19 cases, 9 new deaths reported by MDH
- Juneteenth: Usher, Lupita Nyong'o argue for national holiday
- Dame Vera Lynn, much loved British singer, dies aged 103
- Nick Kyrgios: Americans 'selfish' to go ahead with US Open tennis tournament