Rumours suggest that iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 are set to get a visual overhaul. According to MacRumors, Apple is working on a "mention" system for iMessage so you can nudge specific people in your group chat, as well as the ability to retract your messages after you've sent them. Production delay for the new iPhone might cause a presumptive delay in the launch of iOS14.
The macOS version provides various resources from developer-related news to videos showcasing new features for Apple operating systems.
92% of iPhones introduced in the last four years are running on iOS 13. If users paid through the app, they would be subject to a 30pc fee that goes to Apple.
The data was collected by Apple on June 17 among all devices that visited the App Store that day. Apple might, for the first time allow third-party apps like Spotify, Chrome, or Google Maps instead of default Apple substitutes of the same.
Apple will host its annual developers conference WWDC 2020 on Monday.
Another expectation on its other software upgrades are additions to the watchOS 7 and tvOS 14. Apart from new watch faces, watchOS 7 will introduce a new Kids Mode. This 2020 model will likely get an updated display with thinner bezels and undoubtedly some kind of hardware refresh. A possible change in the default apps is also expected.
Creators will also be able to offer "bonus content" for each podcast, similar to that offered when buying a movie in Apple TV. The tweet was corroborated by Max Weinbach of XDA Developers who said he received a mail saying that Apple will rename iOS to iPhone OS. So, just to keep the nomenclature continuity across all platforms; it wouldn't be too much of a stretch for Apple to change the name of its popular iPhone operating system.
Apple's new-generation iPhone is expected in the fall with a series of major improvements, including 5G support across the lineup, but according to a recent report, the biggest change could actually take place in the software department.
- Protesters Topple Another Confederate Statue in Virginia State Capital amid Nationwide Demonstrations
- Juneteenth: Usher, Lupita Nyong'o argue for national holiday
- Pakistani cities to witness ring of fire solar eclipse on June 21
- Cream of Wheat to review use of chef mascot on packaging
- Beijing cancels flights, shuts schools over virus outbreak
- Ahmaud Arbery's mom met with President Trump
- Ronaldo is lacking 'sharpness', says Sarri after Juventus lose Coppa Italia final
- HTC U20 5G and Desire 20 Pro Unveiled
- Dame Vera Lynn, much loved British singer, dies aged 103
- Apple Rejects Facebook Gaming App on iOS App Store