It has already received subscription amounts Rs 73,636.43 crore from Facebook, L Catterton, Public Investment Fund, Silver Lake and General Atlantic.
"Everyone should have access to the internet. This effort will unlock new opportunities, and further power the vibrant ecosystem of applications".
Reliance has spent more than $30 billion building upstart mobile operator Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd., which is part of Jio Platforms.
When reached out, the internet giant refused to comment on the matter while Jio Platforms did not give a response. This means that the company outperformed both Vodafone-Idea and Airtel.
So far, Jio has raised a series of investments, including $5.7 billion from US tech giant Facebook, parting away with 9.99% of its equity. Jio Glass, a cable that can be connected with the smartphone, was also launched.
It will remain connected by a single-cable and will have 25 apps that may allow augmented reality video meetings and more. No word on when Jio Platforms plans to make this available to consumers and what it would cost.
Ambani also announced that Google and Jio are partnering to build an Android based smartphone operating system. It will have its own management and accounts just like the conglomerate's digital arm, Jio Platforms. The investors requested anonymity as they did not wish to talk about the political tie ups publicly.
Although Jio Platforms also comprises a wide range of services from music streaming to online retail and payments, the Jio Infocomm-the mobile carrier is company's centrepiece.
- Face masks to be mandatory in shops in England
- Fauci rejects Trump's 99% of virus cases harmless claim
- How to Watch Comet Neowise's Spectacular Show
- Ontario Premier Doug Ford makes COVID-19-related announcement
- Robert Mueller Emerges to Write Op-Ed Blasting Convicted Felon Roger Stone
- Oil rises slightly as OPEC+ complies with production cuts
- Hong Kong: Opposition primaries draw thousands despite security law fears
- South Lake Tahoe officials ask for compliance with governor's shut down order
- Washington NFL team drops the name Redskins
- Donald Trump Wears Mask Publicly For First Time During Pandemic