Huawei rejects the USA campaign and has called on Washington to show more evidence to prove the risks purportedly posed by the company.
Pompeo's latest announcement targeting China comes after President Donald Trump on Tuesday ordered an end to Hong Kong's special status under USA law to punish Beijing for "oppressive actions" against the former British colony, prompting Beijing to warn of retaliatory sanctions. U.S.
"We convinced many countries - many countries - and I did this myself, for the most part - not to use Huawei because we think it's an unsafe security risk".
Huawei Canada says it is collateral damage in the Trump administration's trade war with China and remains hopeful that it might still be able to sell next-generation internet equipment to Canada.
The decision on Tuesday did not, however, mention how to deal with Huawei's existing base stations in the UK's 2G, 3G and 4G networks.
"It has become questionable whether the United Kingdom can provide an open, fair and non-discriminatory business environment for companies from other countries, " Liu tweeted.
Last month, Huawei received government approval to build a 1 billion pound ($1.26 billion) research facility in the UK.
U.S. lawmakers overwhelmingly approved the law, hoping that all but provincial Chinese banks will think twice before risking punishment in the world's largest economy. The new rule, announced by the U.S. Commerce Department, became effective in May, with a 120-day grace period, blocking some loopholes for chips made outside the U.S., using U.S. tooling and technologies.
"Today's decision is as much driven by trade and U.S. trade policy, United States concerns around falling behind in technology".
"They all regard China as a hostile or potentially hostile country, they don't trust China so they don't trust China's companies".
"But what we do get in return is that we know that we can rely on our partners, and exchange intelligence and exchange technology", he said. "We are disappointed by this unfair and arbitrary action to restrict visas of our employees who work tirelessly to contribute to technological innovation in the USA and around the world".
The government has banned Chinese tech giant Huawei from the UK's 5G infrastructure with a plan to remove all kit by 2027, the Culture Secretary Oliver Dowden announced yesterday.
Both Nokia and Ericsson have said that they have the technology, supply chain capacity and expertise to replace all Huawei equipment in the UK's networks without any disruption to customers.
Despite months of U.S. pressure, other European nations have only imposed limits on using Huawei equipment for 5G or declined to do so, in part over fears of angering a major economic power. Huawei says on its website that it has more than 194,000 employees in more than 170 countries and regions.
"The AfD is calling on the German government to completely excluded the Chinese firm from our 5G rollout expansion and, in line with the British model, to set a deadline for network operators to completely strip all Huawei components from German networks".
- They’re great! President Trump dons mask in public for first time
- Moderna's COVID-19 Vaccine Interim Results Are Positive
- Ontario Premier Doug Ford makes COVID-19-related announcement
- Fauci Says Virus Surge Due to US Not Shutting Down Completely
- Comet Neowise spotted streaking over United Kingdom skies
- Donald Trump Wears Mask Publicly For First Time During Pandemic
- Jeff Sessions loses in Alabama Senate primary
- Oil rises slightly as OPEC+ complies with production cuts
- Major Twitter Breach Nets Hackers Merely $117,000
- Face masks to be mandatory in shops in England