"They saw it happening, I was so embarrassed that I was being treated that way in front of people".
The Washington Post on Thursday released a report detailing allegations of sexual harassment and verbal abuse made by 15 women who previously worked for Washington's National Football League franchise. Applegate claimed the instances of sexual harassment and verbal abuse varied from the men requesting she wear "revealing clothing and flirt with clients", to calling her "f-king stupid". The 14 other former employees spoke on the condition of anonymity out of fear of legal ramifications, as some signed nondisclosure agreements with the franchise.
"It was the most miserable experience of my life", said Applegate, who worked as a marketing coordinator before leaving in 2015.
"We need to get better and the time is now", the letter from the Snyders said.
Daniel Snyder declined to be interviewed for the report.
Although the team's owner has not been accused of misconduct, the former female employees have stated he's responsible for allowing a culture that encourages toxic behavior and silencing women.
According to The Post, in 2018 there was a complaint when Michael was caught on a hot microphone making inappropriate remarks about a female intern. "I would apologize to anyone who thought that I was verbally abusive".
Complaints were also made against the director of pro personnel, Alex Santos, who was sacked last week.
No allegations were made against Snyder or former longtime general manager Bruce Allen, who was sacked in December after 10 years with the team, though former business executives Dennis Greene and Mitch Gershman were mentioned in the Post's story.
Others named, according to the Post, include former president of business operations Dennis Greene and former chief operating officer Mitch Gershman.
He hired District of Columbia law firm Wilkinson and Walsh to conduct an independent review of team policies, culture and allegations of workplace misconduct.
- Twitter hack targets high-profile accounts in bitcoin scam
- Jada Pinkett and Will Smith Escape From 'Entanglement' Drama With Caribbean Getaway
- National Association of Police Organizations endorses Trump
- Major Twitter Breach Nets Hackers Merely $117,000
- $3,000 Price Cut on Tesla Model Y
- U.S. firm Moderna's coronavirus vaccine shows promising results in early clinical trial
- Russia Claims Successful Trials of COVID Vaccine. What's The Truth?
- USA imposes visa restrictions on certain employees of Chinese firms including Huawei
- Look up after sunset to spot a comet
- Ireland wins appeal against EU's €13 billion Apple case