Three months after she was killed, Taylor's name has been chanted all over the country at mass protests against police brutality, which erupted after death of Minnesota resident George Floyd, also at the hands of police.
Stills' charges mirror those that 86 other protesters who were arrested Tuesday are facing. Recently, protesters also have targeted Cameron, the Louisville Metro Police Department and Mayor Greg Fischer. In fact, some of these critics believe the protestors got what they deserved for being on private property. "It's achieved by examining the facts in an impartial and unbiased manner". Cameron, who is serving as the special prosecutor investigating Taylor's death, has said his office is doing an independent probe and reviewing evidence provided by Louisville police's public integrity unit.
One of three officers involved in the shooting was sacked, though none were criminally charged, prompting outrage from advocates for racial justice and inspiring widespread protests amid a public reckoning over systemic racism in the United States. When 87 demonstrators refused to leave, officers arrested them one-by-one, restraining their hands with zip ties and escorting them to police vehicles to be taken to the jail.
Since protests began, Louisville has banned the use of no-knock warrants.
Louisville Metro Police spokesman Lamont Washington told local media outlets that all of the protesters, including Stills, were given the chance to leave Cameron's home before being arrested.
Following the protest, Attorney General Cameron released a statement claiming that authorities are still committed to a "thorough and fair" investigation.
Yandy and "Real Housewives of Atlanta" star Porsha Williams were there. On Tuesday, the NAACP of Minneapolis tweeted that Redmond had been "wrongfully arrested for demanding justice for Breonna Taylor".
Porsha Williams has activism in her bloodline.
Early Wednesday morning, July 15, Porsha posted a photo with Breonna Taylor's mom, Tamika Palmer, after being released. So people are rightfully outraged and protesting to change things.
"This is unacceptable for a peaceful protest", Mallory wrote. "But the murdering cops are still free..." It's simple don't kill us as we sleep in our homes, don't kill us for sleeping in our vehicle, don't kill us from walking to a store and don't Kill our spirits and further oppress us when we stand up to say you are Wrong!
- U.S. firm Moderna's coronavirus vaccine shows promising results in early clinical trial
- Mayor condemns federal officers following "serious injuries" to protesters
- Civil Rights Icon and Georgia Congressman John Lewis Dies at 80
- Princess Beatrice marries in private ceremony at Windsor
- Ireland wins appeal against EU's €13 billion Apple case
- SpaceX launched more Starlink satellites on Falcon 9, including three Planet SkySats
- Hey, Katrina Kaif, heres a postcard-worthy birthday greeting from Salman Khan
- Google Invests $4.5B In Indian Telecoms Giant Reliance Jio
- USA imposes visa restrictions on certain employees of Chinese firms including Huawei
- $3,000 Price Cut on Tesla Model Y