According to a new report from Intelligencer, a "get-out-the-vote specialist" named Steve Kramer claims West is already "out" after the Yeezy founder hired both "paid and volunteer" staff to help him secure signatures in Florida and SC to get him on the ballot.
There has yet to be additional information provided on who made up the 180-person team West assembled, but the squad was set to be located in Florida.
He named Michelle Tidball, 57, as his running mate ahead of the 2020 election. The rap star's road to power hit a substantial stumbling block on Tuesday as the first polls since he announced his intention to run for President of the United States of America showed him gaining barely any support.
After reportedly amassing a sizable team of operatives aimed at gathering signatures and getting the prospective candidate on ballots, the efforts abruptly ended and now the deadlines have passed or are passing.
At some point, however, the rapper's ardor for the President started to wain.
There's been no official word from Kanye just yet. today he Tweeted about how much he likes this chair. There are even nine states where write-ins aren't allowed. "But in this hypothetical scenario where you're replacing Trump, can someone explain why Joe Biden would be better?"
West's announcement was met with with mixed reactions of skepticism and excitement, as online bookmakers cut his odds of winning the election from 500/1 to 50/1. The pollsters' first question excluded Kanye West, where respondents were asked who they would be voting for come November.
This article has been adapted from its original source.
- National Football League calls misconduct accusations against Washington team 'serious, disturbing'
- Israel Imposes New Restrictions to Fight Virus Spread
- High-profile Twitter accounts hijacked to push Bitcoin scam
- India's coronavirus cases cross 1 million
- Manchester City 'will have to pay cut-price £65m to land Kalidou Koulibaly'
- Mayor condemns federal officers following "serious injuries" to protesters
- Leeds United promoted to Premier League after 16-year absence
- One in lifetime chance to see Comet Neowise
- Russia’s ambassador to Britain rejects allegations of coronavirus vaccine hacking
- Texans' Kenny Stills charged with felony during peaceful Breonna Taylor protest