Union Health Ministry said, more than six lakh 35 thousand of the total cases have recovered.
Another five cases were brought from outside the country, according to the National Health Commission.
Maharashtra remains the worst affected state.
While some countries have almost brought the virus under control, others are seeing cases spike in record numbers.
The COVID-19 death toll in West Bengal on Sunday reached 1,112 after 36 people succumbed to the disease, the highest so far in a single day. "The recovery rate as of now is at 62.86 per cent", the ministry said.
In Brazil, where the coronavirus and measures to contain it have been highly politicised, cases continue to surge - although the World Health Organization announced earlier this week that cases were no longer increasing exponentially.
Elsewhere, daily death tolls have been reaching new highs in several USA states and India's infections are over 1 million. Its caseload lags behind only the United States, which has more than 3.7 million cases, and Brazil with over 2 million cases. There are over 2 million in Brazil and more than 1 million in India. 3,58,127 samples have been tested in the last 24 hours. For 17 of the last 20 days, including 11 in a row now, the number of people recovering from Covid in Delhi has remained higher than newly detected infections - no other state has come close to such a trend.
This has substantially boosted their capacity in treatment of critical care patients, it added. Bihar health minister said that the state is increasing its testing capabilities and asked citizens not to panic.
However, this does not seem to convince Donald Trump that he would have cancelled loans for a total of 25.5 billion dollars to be dedicated to coronavirus test and epidemic contrast, according to an anonymous source in the New York Times.
Odisha has reported 16,701 infections, Jammu and Kashmir 13,198, Kerala 11,659, while Punjab has 9,792 cases.
India is seeing such a rise in cases daily due to their policy of aggressive testing.
Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) on Monday said a total of 1,40,47,908 samples have been tested up to July 19 of which 2,56,039 samples were tested yesterday.
- Person in custody in killing of tech CEO found dismembered
- Did Russia's Elite Get Access To Experimental COVID-19 Vaccine In April?
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- Instagram's TikTok-Style 'Reels' Feature to Launch in US Next Month
- Photos of Princess Beatrice and Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi's wedding released
- Democrats receive 131 applications to fill John Lewis' congressional seat
- Kanye West: Bullet proof vest and tears at first presidential campaign rally
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- Australia suffers 'disturbing' surge of Covid-19 cases