Since Trump stopped the daily briefings, his poll numbers have only gotten worse.
The administration has over the past several months minimized the role of public health experts and prioritized its push for an economic recovery, which the president sees as key to his reelection chances.
"There is nobody more Patriotic than me, your favorite President!"
Mr Trump said the briefings would probably start on Tuesday.
He told reporters that his prior briefings prompted record ratings and got good information out to the public.
"We have had this big flare up in Florida, Texas, a couple of other places", Trump said from the Oval Office.
"When you're living your life and trying to open up the country, you are going to come into contact with people".
And after a shipment of N-95 headed for MA was seized and taken by federal officials in NY, the state's governor said, the New England Patriots football team stepped in and used their private plane to fly to China to obtain the masks and bring them back to Boston.
Despite Trump's desire to move on, the pandemic has only worsened, and he said Monday he would once again bring back the briefings.
"We think we're doing very well in that regard", he said.
'I'll do it at 5:00 like we were doing - we had a good slot, ' he said of the primetime briefings. He has transformed the image of the United States presidency during his first term with unprecedented streams of press conferences, tweets and rallies. "Not worth the time & effort!" he tweeted in late April.
Following a study that revealed common disinfection kills the virus on surfaces, Trump suggested - and later said the idea was proposed in jest - that disinfectant be injected into patients to treat COVID-19.
In a Monday press conference, Newsom called The Times characterization of the events "not true" and said "no one" made that request of him.
The virus has killed at least 140,000 Americans and is surging again in much of the country.
"I'll be right eventually", he said.
Presumptive Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden speaks during a campaign event, July 14, 2020, in Wilmington, Delaware.
"We've got to do the issues that are very apparent that we have to have to do to change this around", he advised PBS News Hour. "In the history of cable television, there's never been anything like it", Trump told reporters.
- Dani Alves: Lionel Messi is only human
- Review of Plarium's Browser MMO Game Stormfall: Age of War
- Depp's bodyguard admits giving wrong photo to court
- National Football League calls misconduct accusations against Washington team 'serious, disturbing'
- In London court, Amber Heard accuses Johnny Depp of abuse
- New coronavirus-themed Banksy Seems on London Underground
- United and City looking to create El Classico in Manchester
- Texans' Kenny Stills charged with felony during peaceful Breonna Taylor protest
- Coronavirus vaccine: AIIMS to start COVAXIN human trials from Monday
- Instagram's TikTok-Style 'Reels' Feature to Launch in US Next Month