The players also requested zero preseason games, and it appears the league is set to scrap the preseason.
After reporting 95 players league-wide with a "known positive test" for COVID-19 on Tuesday, the NFLPA later changed that number to 59.
In a call with players today, NFLPA leadership said roster sizes are expected to be 80 to start camp, source said. Rookies for the Houston Texans and Kansas City Chiefs began arriving at camp on Monday.
Rookies started reporting to team facilities across the National Football League on Tuesday.
The NFLPA also noted all 32 teams have submitted their Infectious Disease Emergency Response plans - and 8 have already been approved by the NFLPA.
Players will undergo daily COVID-19 tests during training until the ratio of positive results fall.
Unlike the National Basketball Association and NHL but similar to Major League Baseball, the NFL does not intend to place players, coaches, and other personnel inside a "bubble" environment to conduct a season amid the pandemic. "Of course, there are more questions than ever for America's most profitable sports league, most notably how to keep people safe in a contact sport during a pandemic", Wilner adds.
The 49ers would be hard-pressed to find a player on their roster - with the draft and free agency in the rearview - to replace their most important non-quarterback on the roster.
By league rule, quarterbacks and injured players can report Thursday and the entire team can report July 28. The roster reduction, initially proposed by the league, is more complicated, though union leadership was not opposed.
One of the big questions: What will training camp actually look like? A day later, the fourth day from the report date, players can begin entering the facility.
The final agreement also could have a longer ramp-up acclimation/conditioning time for players prior to actual padded practice in camp, perhaps as long as three weeks. "And there's something about this time that you know the amount of things that have to take place for that to logistically get off and get going - something about it tells me maybe there's a chance that things get moved back".
- Trump to resume televised coronavirus briefings
- Did Russia's Elite Get Access To Experimental COVID-19 Vaccine In April?
- Princess Beatrice, Edoardo Mapelli release official photos after secret wedding at Windsor
- Pompeo and Johnson discussed China's actions in Hong Kong and Xinjiang
- Dani Alves: Lionel Messi is only human
- In London court, Amber Heard accuses Johnny Depp of abuse
- Kanye's Presidential 'Campaign' Is Just an Album Publicity Stunt — Surprise
- First human trial of AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine shows promise
- Expert commentary: Oxford vaccine candidate
- Indian government issues notice to Twitter after massive Hack