Of the cases, 24 were identified in the Toronto Public Health region, 23 in Windsor-Essex, 15 in Peel, and 14 in Ottawa. A total of 16,383 people were tested on Wednesday, the last day for which screening data is available.
Ontario Premier Doug Ford said that the announcement on whether or not the remaining three Ontario regions can enter Stage 3 of reopening will be delayed next week.
Windsor-Essex County Health Unit has reported 10 workplace outbreaks, eight of which were agricultural settings.
Mayor John Tory said he wants as many precautions in place ahead of the move to the next phase of reopening to prevent a possible uptake of COVID-19 cases.
It seems like more young people are continuing to catch COVID-19. Seven per cent of all Ontario cases reported have ended in death. Of those, almost 89 per cent are considered resolved by the Ministry of Health.
The number of patients in Ontario hospitals with confirmed cases of COVID-19 continues to rise again and is now up to 154, up 28 from yesterday, after hitting a low of 101 earlier this month.
In the last 24 hours, just over 28,809 COVID-19 tests were conducted by officials.
The southwestern Ontario region recently surpassed Toronto and Peel for the highest case count in the province.
Today, Ontario is reporting 103 cases of #COVID19, a 0.3% increase.
Throughout the pandemic, Ontario has recorded 38,210 cases of COVID-19.
Ottawa, which saw a one-day surge in cases, is already in Stage 3. Because on-farm testing has stalled, local positive tests are being uncovered by the health unit as it does proactive outreach to farms after a single worker tests positive.
Public Health Sudbury and Districts: 69 cases, rate of 33.7 per 100,000 population. Between June 26 and July 11, it stayed below 100 daily cases except on two occasions.
- Harry and Meghan sue over 'drone photos' of son Archie
- Portland Mayor Ted Wheeler tear gassed by federal agents
- Trump Responds to Joe Biden Calling Him the First 'Racist' President
- Christopher Nolan’s’Tenet’ postponed indefinitely by virus
- Disney removes Mulan from schedule and pushes back Avatar & Star Wars
- Man United under more pressure to qualify for Champions League, says Rodgers
- Samsung announces 5G Galaxy Z Flip foldable smartphone, starting at $1,449
- Judge blocks United States agents from arresting observers in Portland
- Smartwatch maker Garmin hit by outages after ransomware attack
- China slams United States order to shut consulate in Houston