England star Ben Stokes has outdone West Indies captain Jason Holder to become the world's top-ranked Test all-rounder while also attaining a career-best third position among batsmen in the MRF Tyres ICC Men's Test Player Rankings, after a match-winning performance at Old Trafford.
With a full day of cricket to play, Brooks says England will be on the hunt for quick runs today.
With the win in the second Test, England levelled the three-match series against West Indies.
At teatime on day 4, West Indies were just 4 down - and my sensation was that, as long as they were still batting the next day, the Wisden Trophy would be safe.
Earlier, Stokes, promoted to open in a quest for quick runs, made 78 not out off 57 balls, including four fours and three sixes, to take England to 129-3 declared in their second innings.
The stunning incident took place in the 43rd over of West Indies' second innings.
Half-centuries by Kraigg Brathwaite (75) and Shamarh Brooks (68) had kept England at bay until the evening session.
Archer said he was "extremely sorry" for his actions, but the team is managing alright without him so far, with twin tons from opener Dom Sibley and Ben Stokes leading the side to a declaration on 9-469.
Having come into contact with an unnamed individual during his detour between Southampton and Manchester, Archer needed to test negative twice before being allowed to return to the playing group.
For me, if there was one genuine emphasize of the entire Test, it was to see England put work on the board in the very first innings. "I don't think there's any point to prove", Broad said after stumps. Once again England have a strong set of six seamers to choose from, with Stuart Broad, Chris Woakes and Sam Curran all contributing to a 113-run win while James Anderson, Mark Wood and Archer stand by fully rested.
Joseph was caught one-handed at short leg by Ollie Pope off Bess for that first wicket before lunch.
The tactic worked and, shortly after a committed effort in the field saw him save a boundary off his own bowling, Stokes got Blackwood to take on the hook on shortly before tea and glove the ball behind to Jos Buttler.
- Expected Cost of Oxford COVID-19 Vaccine in India
- Judge blocks United States agents from arresting observers in Portland
- Regis Philbin Passes Away At 88
- Police declare riot in Portland after protesters pull down courthouse fence
- Trump Responds to Joe Biden Calling Him the First 'Racist' President
- Harry and Meghan sue over 'drone photos' of son Archie
- China slams United States order to shut consulate in Houston
- Smartwatch maker Garmin hit by outages after ransomware attack
- Ontario adds 135 new cases of COVID-19 to begin week
- Liam Payne reveals exact moment One Direction formed