The rise has forced states to make a U-turn on reopening economies that were restricted by lockdowns in March and April to slow the spread of the virus. The population of NY is 19.4 million residents. Osceola County reported 245 new cases, for a total of 7,973. Eight states "first to open up" reopened before May 1, twenty more before May 15, and twenty-two states were "slower to reopen" from May 15 to May 29. Jackson Health is the one of the largest health systems in the state of Florida.
Earlier this month, Florida Gov. NY has not yet decided if it will reopen schools in the Fall.
Statewide: The official COVID-19 death total for Florida reached 6,240 on Tuesday.
On Sunday the total number of coronavirus cases in Florida was 423,855 and they were slightly higher in California with 453,659 cases.
Palm Beach County: 640 new cases were reported, bringing the total to 31,598.
Florida's overall positivity rate remains roughly 13% of all people tested. The additional deaths push the state's death toll to 6,240.
Last week, Florida surpassed NY as the state with the second-highest number of coronavirus cases in the country. Any detected rise in a state's daily deaths, however small, was again blamed on "the reopening and relaxing of social distancing restrictions in some states". Oklahoma deaths were up by less than one person per million, yet that was labeled a 19% increase. California has reported 21.3 deaths per 100,000, and Texas has had 17.6 deaths per 100,000.
There were 13 out of 163 Adult ICU beds available in the county, or almost 8%, as of 12:30 p.m Tuesday, according to the state dashboard.
Nationwide: Florida's death rate is near the middle compared with other states.
The county's 16 fatalities reported Tuesday morning include six in nursing homes, plus the youngest female death - at 27 years old. It breaks a previous high of 14 deaths last Wednesday and marks a return to double-digit fatalities.
- Israel strikes Syrian army targets after border unrest
- Garmin Connect Outage Caused By Ransomware Attack
- British PM Boris Johnson says COVID-19 struggle was worsened by obesity
- Hurricane Hanna batters southern Texas
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Folklore’ album exceeds 1.3 million copies sold in 24 hours
- Donald Trump says he is looking at BANNING TikTok
- Miami Marlins ‘pause’ 2020 season through Sunday after COVID-19 outbreak
- Hourihane wants Villa to build on final day survival
- Klitschko faces must-win bout against Fury
- Smart money points to Trump charge