The ACC announced today they will be approving an 11-game fall football schedule that includes Notre Dame. That would allow every Big 12 team to play its nine traditional conference games and round out a 10-game schedule with a known opponent that could add value to the league on a short-term basis. Although, if that happens with the SEC, it will be interesting to see if the ACC goes to conference-only as well, eliminating the +1, as it is widely believed that the +1 was included to try and preserve rivalry games against SEC schools, such as Clemson-South Carolina and Florida-Florida State.
No particulars have been reported about revised league schedules or the additional SEC opponents whom teams will play in 2020.
Knowing that Kentucky returns nearly all of its started off last year's Belk Bowl team that won eight games, Louisville obviously still wants to play the Wildcats to end the season - or what was supposed to be the end of the season.
The Fighting Irish will also be eligible for the league's conference championship game for the first time.
The good news for Wolfpack fans is that path to a higher winning percentage will be a lot easier without Clemson and Notre Dame on the schedule.
The ACC has also moved the start date for fall Olympic sports - cross country, field hockey, women's soccer, men's soccer and volleyball - to September 10.
The full ACC schedule will be released at a later date.
ACC Commissioner John Swofford said the decisions were made after "months of thoughtful planning". North Carolin had Auburn on its schedule. That game can be against anyone but has to take place in the home state of the ACC school. The season will be played over at least 13 weeks with each team having two open dates. Our institutions are committed to taking the necessary measures to facilitate the return in a safe and responsible manner.
The Big Ten and Pac-12 have yet to reveal their schedules but both could come as soon as Friday.
"We recognize that we may need to be nimble and make adjustments in the future".
Too many other conferences may have already walked away from the table for the Big 12 to make an aggressive play.
Erased from UK's 2020 schedule are its season-opener against Eastern Michigan (Sept. 3), a home game against Kent State (Sept. 19) and a home game against Eastern Illinois (Oct. 10).
The ACC and Notre Dame are helping each other this season amid the scheduling mess created with COVID-19 as the backdrop. That game would be played in East Lansing.
The two marquee matchups for the Canes include the rivalry game against FSU at home and a road tilt at national power Clemson.
- Twitter limits Donald Trump Jr's account over COVID-19 video
- Can COVID-19 Affect The Heart? Yes, Say Two Studies
- New Galaxy Note 20 Leak Shows the S Pen’s Magic Wand Abilities
- Republican senators to introduce coronavirus stimulus package, including $1,200 checks, on Monday
- Donald Trump wants to delay United States presidential elections
- Tracking elimination of hepatitis B among mothers, children
- Moderna, Pfizer begin Covid-19 vaccine trials, eye year-end launches
- GOP, Democrats 'very far apart' on COVID-19 relief package
- Taylor Swift’s ‘Folklore’ album exceeds 1.3 million copies sold in 24 hours
- Germany says COVID-19 vaccine unlikely before mid