Manchester United are preparing a £55m deal for Jack Grealish after baulking at Aston Villa's £75m asking price and the club believe the midfielder has his heart set on a move to Old Trafford, according to the Metro.
The interest in Grealish has been going on for quite some time.
The 24-year-old impressed under Dean Smith this term, with his goal against West Ham on Sunday enough to keep his side in the top flight for another year.
United had also been linked with Bournemouth's Nathan Ake and Lille's Gabriel Magalhaes, however it is the 24-year-old Spanish worldwide who is the front-runner.
Once again - and sorry if we sound boring here - it's hard to see this happening unless Villa reduce their valuation, but that's not saying we wouldn't love to see Pierre Emerick-Aubameyang moving into a central role and Grealish supplying the bullets for the Gabonese hitman from a role on the left of the Gunners attack.
A variety of clubs want to pay in between ₤50 m and ₤60 m however Villa would not be interested in doing an offer at that level. Considering that most clubs are dealing with financial difficulties, the higher fee could thwart interest in Grealish for now.
As well as United, Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola is also an admirer of the uncapped Englishman.
He is under contract at Villa Park until 2023 on £60,000-a-week, but he could double his wages with a move away. However, Lions management can save themselves the trouble if they give the English player an increase on their end.
Bournemouth's board is reportedly now deciding whether to pursue a legal challenge against Hawk-Eye who apologised after Sheffield United were denied a goal in their match against Villa after the ball had clearly crossed the line.
Afterwards, Smith said of the prospect of Grealish leaving in the coming weeks: 'We have billionaire owners and if people want him he's going to cost an very bad lot of money'.
- SpaceX nears final test with its first return of NASA astronauts
- President Trump says he is Banning TikTok
- Utah leaders strongly oppose Trump idea to postpone the election
- NASA's Perseverance Rover Is En Route to Mars Despite Communications Snag
- Hong Kong elections postponed
- SEC moves to conference-only 2020 schedule, pushes back start of season
- Hurricane Isaias 2020: Watch Isaias in Bahamas, Florida on these webcams
- Greek Australian among the eight new deaths recorded in Victoria on Friday
- 17th Marlins player tests positive for coronavirus
- Hacking of celebs Twitter handles: Mastermind US teen, 2 others charged