The new figures come a day after the state's deadliest day, when 21 people died.
Australia was poised to post its lowest one-day rise in new Covid-19 cases in more than three weeks on Thursday, stoking hopes that a second wave of new infections gripping Victoria state is finally being brought under control.
Deaths mainly concerned the elderly with two females and one male in their 70s, six females and five males in their 80s, five males and one female in their 90s, and one female in her 100s.
Meanwhile, South Australia, Queensland and Western Australia have reported zero new cases in the last 24 hours.
The virus has ravaged Victoria's aged care homes, with more than 100 residents dying since early August and nearly 2,000 active infections linked to the facilities.
As of Tuesday, 650 people were in hospital and 43 of those in intensive care.
Mr Andrews said the vast majority of Victoria's 1.5 million regional residents are following the rules.
"All experts remain convinced and very confident as we adjust into the early parts of the second week of stage four that we'll continue to see numbers coming down - exactly how long that takes only time will tell", he said.
"I made some comments yesterday about people really just stopping and thinking about whether travel to regional Victoria or travel from regional Victoria to Metropolitan Melbourne is absolutely necessary", he said.
Melbourne's stage 4 restrictions, which include a nightly curfew and mandatory use of face masks in public, are set to be lifted on September 13.
Under stage three restrictions, regional Victorians are only able to leave their homes to shop for food and essential items, to provide or receive care, for exercise, and for work or study if they can't from home.
While the lockdown has caused significant economic harm, authorities said the restrictions that will run until September are bearing fruit. "That's not acceptable." The total number of infected cases in the country since the pandemic broke out stood at 22,127 including 12,387 recoveries and 8801 active cases.
- Trump abruptly escorted from briefing after shooting near WH
- Simon Cowell breaks back while testing electric bike
- President Trump Holds a White House Press Conference
- Russian coronavirus vaccine to be named Sputnik V, President Vladimir Putin announces
- Penn State Football Parents Association Releases Statement Supporting Season
- President Vladimir Putin launched
- 30 more COVID-19 deaths in Hidalgo, Cameron counties
- How Trump reacted to selection of Harris as Biden's VP
- Migrants still landing in United Kingdom as govt takes tougher line
- Ottawa sees six new COVID-19 cases; just 33 reported province-wide