The event is taking place later than the usual September announcement for Apple's fall lineup, likely due to delays caused by the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. And most important, these new models pack the most significant changes Apple has made to its smartphones in years.
CNBC said that an invitation to press for the event says "Time Flies" on it. This time the company will launch two basic and two high end models of the iPhone. Apple shares have added 40% over the past three months as the Dow has risen 0.5%. It will have 5G connectivity, A14 Bionic processor and the LiDar scanner.
In addition to launching new iPhones, Apple Watch models, and an updated iPad Air, the company has a smaller version of its HomePod smart speaker and its first pair of over-ear headphones in its pipeline, Bloomberg reported.
It was already expected that Apple would move the release of its "iPhone 12" range to October, but not the announcement.
Apple is gearing up to launch the iPhone 12 in the coming days, according to a series of rumours. "And Apple has delivered - in part - with a new emoji that shows up only when you type "#AppleEvent2020" into Twitter.
As with all Apple Events, you will be able to stream this one on Apple TV and we're betting it will be on YouTube, too, as Apple chose to add that functionality for its latest WWDC. Apple will come out with these new products that are for sure but until now, we were certain that this would be in October. Luckily, we are here to discuss the upcoming Apple products in 2020.
Apple iPhone 12 will reportedly in four models and three different screen sizes.
That being said, Apple still does not expect a major decline in sales by the coronavirus, and is planning to ship between 75 million to 80 million iPhones this year, which is in line with the forecast from 2019 and the years before.
All production of the 5G iPhones and new iPads remains in China this year. "See you in 7 days!" he said, showcasing an AR easter egg Apple whipped up for the event.
As per a report by the Fast Company, which cites "wireless industry source", claims that only the iPhone 12 Pro Max includes the required physical space for "the special antenna design required" for the device to "accommodate millimeter wave's significant power draw". "In many cases tweets just included the hashtag and nothing else, which turns into Apple's iconic bitten apple in a sky blue and the words, "#appleevent", when tweeted.
- Chelsea complete signing of Havertz for £71m
- Mobile Phones: Google launches the Pixel 4a smartphone at £/$349
- Trump, Biden trade blows as White House race hits final stretch
- Williams rallies to move into last 16 of US Open
- India overtakes Brazil in number of COVID-19 cases
- Novak Djokovic defaulted from US Open for hitting lineswoman with ball
- Carlos Sainz 'gave absolutely everything' in superb second at Italian GP
- Job market in Canada extends recovery with full-time gains
- Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine trials scheduled at PGIMER delayed over pending safety approvals
- Pelosi Says SF Salon Visit Was a ‘Set-Up,’ Won’t Apologize