Suddenly, Iyer seem to be snatching the momentum and it forced Punjab captain KL Rahul to bring back his best bowler - Shami, who did not disappoint and got rid of Iyer. Three balls later, he sent back the risky Nicholas Pooran for a duck to reduce Kings XI Punjab to 34 for 3 in the 6th over. n the very next ball, he seemed to have dislocated his shoulder. Punjab threw away the match regardless of needing to attain only a run off the ultimate three balls.
"I travelled enthusiastically during a pandemic, did 6 days of Quarantine and 5 covid tests with a smile but that one Short Run hit me hard". A game which took the breath away for 40 overs was eventually decided in just three balls by South African pacer Kagiso Rabada.
But, it turned out to be a cakewalk for Rabada as he clinched two wickets in his first three balls and did not even have to complete the over (as the rule says that once two wickets are down, Super Over innings is over).
Axar Patel bowled for four overs and gave a total of 14 runs while scoring one wicket.
Delhi could now look to their foreign pace options of Kagiso Rabada and Anrich Nortje, while they also have Indian pace options in Mohit Sharma, Avesh Khan, and Tushar Deshpande.
That meant by the top of the over, Kings XI Punjab wanted 13 runs off the ultimate six ball and never 12.
Today's match was a real tough and close competition, which ended in a draw. The former Delhi skipper took to Twitter and mockingly said that he completely disagrees with the Man of the Match pick of the night and claimed it should have been the umpire who disqualified the single in the 19th over of the match due to it being "short-run". We can see their hopes are still up and high. This time both teams will be eyeing the title after performing well.
Meanwhile, we are eagerly waiting to tell you all about the third match of the IPL that will begin at 19:30 IST (14:00 GMT) tomorrow, and it will be held at Dubai International Stadium.
- Not aware of $5 billion education fund in TikTok deal: ByteDance
- Bale flies in to London to seal deal
- New limits on gatherings in effect provincewide
- US CDC testing guidance was published against objections
- Boeing provides $700k to wildfire affected communities
- LeBron James sets record with 16th selection to All-NBA team
- Obamacare could be doomed if Trump fills another Court seat
- Confirmed Cases of COVID-19 at the Delaware Valley School District
- Joe Biden at CNN Town Hall: William Barr sick for slavery comparison
- Trump says ByteDance can't keep control of TikTok in Oracle deal