In its daily news release on Monday, the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health reported 16 deaths and 652 new cases of COVID-19-however, the numbers may be artificially low due to reporting lags that commonly occur over the weekend.
There is one additional death, bringing the total to 1,266.
There are 30 new COVID-19 cases in Saline County and 2 new deaths. Centre County had an increase of 195, while Philadelphia added 121. Largely centered at Penn State University, the outbreak in State College and University Park has resulted in 1,371 cases since August 7, though most have come in the month of September. At least 162 of those cases are still considered "active infectious".
There are currently 765 people hospitalized with COVID-19 in the county 30 percent of whom are in the ICU
"We are looking every day at the data to see whether we have an indication that we are going to see a surge in the number of cases, which would be the first place we would see an increase related to how we all behaved with each other over the Labor Day holiday", Ferrer said. However, deaths are back up to a 21-per-day seven-day average, the highest since August 18. The number of reported deaths in Lapeer County is 35, down from a previous number of 36 as an earlier reported death noted in the county was a person who lived outside the county. Neither county reported any new deaths. There have been no more deaths, said the county Health Department, for a total of 91.
In particular, an increase in the weekly case incidence rate was reported across all regions in the last seven days, except for Africa.
The WHD reports Johnson County has 27 cases recovered and has experienced 1 death resulting from the coronavirus. Together, those three health units reported 319 cases, which is 75 per cent of the new cases confirmed today. Neighboring Josephine and Klamath counties remain with two deaths each since the pandemic began. These results represent the total number of tests administered.
- Unfortunately, YouTube Is Cracking Down on ‘Picture in Picture’ in iOS 14
- Explained: Will India trails Novavax vaccine from October 2020?
- Woman accused of sending ricin letter arrested
- US$13000 fine for breaking virus rules in England
- Obamacare could be doomed if Trump fills another Court seat
- Pogacar crushes Roglic to take grip on Tour de France title
- Conservative leader in self-isolation, being tested for COVID-19
- US CDC testing guidance was published against objections
- Tesla stock falls ahead of 'Battery Day' and the annual shareholder meeting
- Disney+ scores first Emmy Awards for 'The Mandalorian' | X101 Always Classic