The home permit requires students show initiative with their school work, contact teachers via email for additional assistance and complete all work by assigned dates, Jones' email states.
"In our restart plan, we identified today as the day that we would evaluate our ability to further expand hybrid learning", said Dr. John Goldhardt, Superintendent of Schools for Manchester School District.
"We'll just keep monitoring everybody according to what the health department is telling us to do, and we follow their lead", Fuschetto said. "Free COVID-19 testing is available through the Cheyenne-Laramie County Health Department".
In a Facebook group called SDUHSD Families for School Reopening, which has more than 1,200 members, many parents have said they're anxious about the excessive amounts of daily screen time and isolation that their children are experiencing from distance learning.
In the two counties, there are more than two dozen schools where there's at least one student or staffer positive for the virus, according to figures from the health department's tracker. Out of the 15 school districts, 11 are now under investigation.
Mark Tomkins head teacher at Maidstone Grammar School
The district entered the school year with a plan to use distance learning through the first quarter. The vote was conducted during the district's regularly scheduled meeting on September 23. "So, that's very concerning because if those teachers did contract Covid, then they're bringing that into the schools, and they're being directed by public health that they can return to school".
The district has reported 49 student and staff member cases since the school year began August 24.
During Tuesday night's board meeting, he also informed board members some community members have asked questions regarding cases of COVID-19 involving students younger than 18.
The Renfrew County Catholic District School Board has confirmed on their website that one class at the school has now been closed.
"A handful of irresponsible parents could be responsible for closing down entire school districts", she said.
- Stearns County Reports COVID-19 Death, 24 Total in the County
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE with 120Hz refresh rate display launched globally
- Lakers/Nuggets Game 2 Down 36 Percent From Game 1 Competing Against NFL
- Princess Eugenie pregnant with first baby with husband Jack Brooksbank
- CDC Admits Posting Inaccurate Website Information on Transmission of COVID-19 Virus
- President Trump declines to commit to peaceful transfer of power
- Thursday COVID-19 coverage: Cole County reports 33 new cases
- Australia: 380 stranded whales have died, rescuers say
- Amazon unveils upgraded Fire TV Stick, lower-cost Fire TV Stick Lite
- Conservative leader in self-isolation, being tested for COVID-19