Kolkata Knight Riders bounced back from their massive defeat against the Mumbai Indians to beat the still winless Sunrisers Hyderabad by seven wickets in Match 8 of 2020 Indian Premier League. But, Warner chose to break the trend as he opted to bat first after winning the toss against KKR.
SRH vs KKR Man of the Match: Knight Riders" opening batsman was adjudged the "Man of the Match' for scoring his fifth IPL half-century.
He shared a 37-run partnership with Nitish Rana. "I want Gill to enjoy his journey in cricket, the whole world is talking about him so I want to make sure he has a journey with no pressure", Dinesh Karthik added about Gill.
KKR lost a few quick wickets in their chase and were reduced to 53/3 before Gill found a willing partner in Eoin Morgan. KKR ended up reaching 145/3 in 18 overs. While Rashid Khan and Bhuvneshwar Kumar have trouble playing big batsmen, but Gill has no such effect.
Earlier, an all-rounder disciplined bowling effort from seven bowlers representing Knight Riders restricted Sunrisers to 142/4 in 20 overs after their captain David Warner had won the toss and chose to bat.
KKR kept the things tight in the powerplay. The decision backfired as Pat Cummins cleaned up Jonny Bairstow in the fourth over.
Pandey then welcomed Shivam Mavi into the attack, hitting a six in his first over.
Saha then perished in the final over as KKR managed to restrict SRH to 142/4.
Morgan too was full of praise for Gill. Shubman Gill top-scored with an unbeaten 70 off 62 balls.
KKR's record buy Pat Cummins followed up his underwhelming show in the first match with a masterful performance on Saturday, returning with figures of 1/19.
"Good bat swing, very languid style, magnificent to watch".
Speaking on his partnership with Gill, the 2019 World Cup-winning skipper said, " I didn't have to tell him a great deal to be honest, he's lovely to watch on the eye, good bat swing, very languid style, magnificent to watch, he is a good kid, very hungry to learn and I would love to bat with him once again.
For SRH, Rashid Khan was the pick of the bowlers who picked up a wicket and gave away just 24 runs from his quota of four overs. Patty Cummins, as he does, (bowled) Test match line and length.
- 'Get through winter together': Johnson announces curbs that could last six months
- Canadian PM Trudeau promises 'ambitious' recovery plan
- Princess Eugenie pregnant with first baby with husband Jack Brooksbank
- Lakers/Nuggets Game 2 Down 36 Percent From Game 1 Competing Against NFL
- Terror probe opened after 2 wounded in Paris knife attack
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE with 120Hz refresh rate display launched globally
- Officer shot dead at Croydon police station
- Trump Vows Executive Order Providing Medical Care to Babies Born Alive
- Justice Department Slams New York City, Portland, Seattle for ‘Permitting Anarchy’
- Seagate's 1TB Game Drive for Xbox Series X, Series S costs $220