It registered 418 new cases, taking the tally of infected patients to 35,653 while the number of deaths rose by seven to take the toll to 977.
Against this, 13,565 fully recovered patients returned home taking up the total of discharged patients above the million-mark, from 10,16,450 to 10,30,015 till date - much higher than the 273,228 "active cases" (ill) now in the state.
The number of Covid-19 deaths is fast approaching one million - nine months after the outbreak started in China. Municipal commissioner Vipin Sharma said the rising numbers were mostly due to increased testing.
The Americas still account for more than half of all fatalities worldwide owing to high death counts in Mexico, Brazil, Argentina and Colombia.
Bhutan has recorded zero deaths so far, while Sri Lanka has recorded 13, Maldives 34, Nepal 467, Afghanistan 1,453, Bangladesh 5,161, Pakistan 6,457, and India the highest: 94,534 fatalities till Sunday.
Overall, about two-dozen states and territories reported an upward trend in new infections, with some states setting and breaking records in days. Earlier, Delhi had 3,372 cases on Saturday, 3,827 on Friday and 3,834 on Thursday.
There have now been 10,939 cases on Oahu (91 new cases), 700 on Hawaii Island (7 new cases), 388 for Maui County (no new cases), and 59 on Kauai (no new case).
Sources in the Union health ministry said antigen tests now make up significant proportions of daily samples tested.
No new suspected COVID-19 cases or new deaths related to the disease were reported, the commission said. The number of total tests conducted was 23,69,592 on September 17. At the same time, on Sunday, 42 people infected with the corona virus have died and 3,739 people have beaten the corona.
Meanwhile, the number of people sent to home quarantine increased - from 19,29,572 to 19,45,758 now - while the number of those in institutional quarantine went down from 32,747 to 30,571 on Saturday.
- Rakul Preet Singh reaches NCB office to record statement in drugs case
- Indonesia reports 4,494 new COVID-19 cases, 90 more deaths_china
- Trump Vows Executive Order Providing Medical Care to Babies Born Alive
- United Kingdom to host ‘human challenge’ trials for COVID-19 vaccines
- Guterres calls for global solidarity
- School shuts for deep cleaning after Covid-19 cases
- Samsung Galaxy S20 FE is Samsung's New Gladiator For Upper Midrange
- Princess Eugenie pregnant with first baby with husband Jack Brooksbank
- IPL 2020: Manish Pandey's 51 helps SRH labour to 142/4 against KKR
- China pushes emergency use of COVID-19 vaccine despite concerns