Darren Fletcher has urged Manchester United to give Ole Gunnar Solskjaer the required funds in the transfer market, before claiming the club need to bring in "three to five players" before the October 5 deadline.
During Manchester United's toughest moments in the 2019/20 season, the team's best performances came with Fred and Scott McTominay at the heart of midfield. We are working with the squad we've got.
While Peacock-Farrell made a number of good saves to keep Burnley in the game, Manchester City were unlucky to not have put more past the hosts.
Sterling made the breakthrough 10 minutes before the interval with a powerful strike from Benjamin Mendy's cross.
Iwobi came on for the injured Brazilian forward in the 60th minute. We needed the first 20-25 minutes to get our confidence and get on the ball.
Solskjaer and Mourinho have faced off twice so far.
Brighton continued to apply pressure and looked the more likely to score but United doubled their advantage in the 73rd minute, with Donny Van De Beek flicking the ball through superbly to Spanish midfielder Mata, who slotted home his 50th goal for the club to round off a handsome move.
Manchester United's attacking midfielder Juan Mata netted his 50th goal for The Red Devils on Wednesday.
Joel Veltman featured in the match for Brighton, while Timothy Fosu-Mensah was an unused substitute.
As per Opta, Everton, who thrashed West Ham United 4-1, have won each of their opening six games of a campaign for the first time since 1938-39.
A hat-trick from in form striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin (11th, 78th, 84th minutes) and a goal from Richarlison (56th minute) secured Everton's place in the last eight.
Newcastle United narrowly avoided an upset as Jonjo Shelvey's late equaliser earned them a 1-1 draw against League Two (fourth tier) Newport County.
- Conservationists Warn 500,000 Sharks Could Be Killed For Covid-19 Vaccine
- New York Coronavirus Cases Surge In NYC Neighborhoods, Infection Rate At 17%
- Canada's Quebec expected to announce new restrictions as coronavirus cases rise
- All accused in Babri Masjid case aqcuitted by Indian court
- Trump Paid Little or No Income Taxes — NY Times
- The Rock Publicly Endorses Joe Biden For President
- Play New Country 99.1's 2020 Presidential Debate Bingo
- New stimulus package with $1,200 checks unveiled by Democrats as negotiations resume
- Ontario Reaches Second Wave Of COVID-19
- European Union to launch legal action against United Kingdom over Brexit bill