The Oregon Health Authority on Wednesday reported 220 new coronavirus cases and four more deaths, capping a month that saw a resurgence is cases but a decline in overall fatalities.
Thirteen COVID-19 deaths were reported by Minnesota hospital authorities on Thursday along with new data showing rising hospitalizations due to the infectious disease. There are now 19 active cases on campus, according to data from ISU's COVID-19 dashboard.
Wednesday's update also marked the first time hospitalizations for COVID-19 in B.C. have topped 70 since May 8. That is the highest seven-day total since June 1.
"We offer our condolences to everyone who has lost their loved ones during the COVID-19 pandemic", said provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry and deputy health minister Stephen Brown. Currently, 32% of medical/surgical beds are available and 44% of ICU beds.
The top five counties with new known cases reported Wednesday were: Pulaski (51), Washington (43), Craighead (39), Benton (28), and Faulkner (26).
The IDPH lists cases and tests performed by ZIP code, while the county health department lists cases by municipality. The rate helps them determine if a rise in cases is because of an increase in testing or if it means there's increased transmission of the virus in the community.
However, 3,337 people being actively monitored after being close with those exposed to COVID-19. The 13 deaths reported Thursday included one person in the 50s age range, and 12 people 65 or older.
There are now 17 health-care system outbreaks, including 14 at long-term care or assisted-living facilities and three at acute-care facilities.
- Breonna Taylor grand juror felt 'compelled' to take action: attorney
- Sen. Mike Lee praises Supreme Court nominee Amy Cohen Barrett after meeting
- All accused in Babri Masjid case aqcuitted by Indian court
- Kimmich takes Bayern Munich closer to the sextuple
- New York Coronavirus Cases Surge In NYC Neighborhoods, Infection Rate At 17%
- The Rock Publicly Endorses Joe Biden For President
- Messi scores since failed exit as Barcelona thumps Villarreal for 4-0
- The just-announced Pixel 5 has somehow already been unboxed
- Turkey, Greece reach understanding on 'general principles'
- Ontario Reaches Second Wave Of COVID-19