Production of Models S and X was 4% higher at 16,992, deliveries fell 13% to 15,200.
The electric-car maker provided 139,300 automobiles in the quarter, beating quotes of 134,720 automobiles, according to Refinitiv information. In 2018, Musk said he had plans to begin Tesla operations in India in 2019, but this too did not come to fruition.
Tesla delivered 124,100 Model Y and Model 3 vehicles in fiscal Q3. However, in financial filings, Tesla stopped saying it would easily surpass 500,000 deliveries this year. "This would make our cars unaffordable", Musk tweeted previous year.
Confounding some analysts, the company does not break out its delivery and production numbers by region. "Hitting the goal would require 181,000 deliveries in 4Q, a quarterly production level - 145,000 was a record in 3Q - that will be hard to achieve in the next 13 weeks".
Although Tesla doesn't release USA -specific numbers, the all-electric automaker continues to buck the prevailing trend elsewhere in the auto industry in multiple ways.
Tesla did not disclose what batteries the cheaper version uses.
Tesla Inc's (NASDAQ:TSLA) factories in California and Shanghai turned out just over 145,000 vehicles in the past quarter, up 76% on a year ago.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk has hinted the world's top electric vehicle maker could enter India's huge automobile market as soon as 2021. Reports also suggest that such has been the magnitude of demand for Model 3 now that showrooms are struggling to keep up with the constant flow of prospective customers.
India's market looks promising for Tesla, but the country is still lagging behind neighboring China, where the manufacturer launched its first production facility outside the US. The company is building new plants at a site near Austin, Texas, and outside Berlin.
Previously, the starting price for Model 3 sedans made in Tesla's Shanghai factory with a standard driving range was 271,550 yuan, after state purchase subsidies. The U.S. and China have always been Tesla's strongest markets.
- Thurston County COVID-19 cases jump by 23 to 1,252
- European Union to launch legal action against United Kingdom over Brexit bill
- North Korea's Kim tours flood-hit town, sister reappears in public
- Sen. Mike Lee praises Supreme Court nominee Amy Cohen Barrett after meeting
- Kimmich takes Bayern Munich closer to the sextuple
- Pompeo to visit Japan, Mongolia, S.Korea
- All accused in Babri Masjid case aqcuitted by Indian court
- Alexei Navalny blames Vladimir Putin for poisoning
- Health Department Concerned About Increase in COVID Cases Per 100,000
- Trumps tests positive for Covid-19