The Pennsylvania Department of Health reported 1,309 new positive coronavirus cases Wednesday, raising the statewide total to 166,552. Active cases remain relatively high at 693, but the county did see a drop of 126 in recovered cases, now at 1,795.
There are now six active cases of the virus in Brantford and Brant, however, all are isolating at home.
A total of 242 people have died in the province as a result of COVID-19.
Under Gov. Andy Beshear's COVID-19 guidelines for school districts across the state, districts in counties that fall in the red zone, meaning more than 25 cases per 100,000 population based on a seven-day rolling average, are recommended to use virtual learning until the number decreases.
With the new cases, Knox County's COVID-19 incidence rate was 21.1 on Tuesday, placing it in the orange zone. There are also six infections of kids between 0-9.
"What we're asking all of Thurston County residents to do is to stay home when you're sick, get tested early if you have COVID symptoms, and stay home after the test until you get that confirmation", Abdelmalek said. Austin, within Hays County, now has 11 active cases and has had 62 total cases. Buda has recorded 797 total cases and now has 188 active cases. "Together, as Pennsylvanians, all of our efforts are created to support our communities to ensure that cases of COVID-19 remain low".
Officials noted one child is among the new cases.
Maharashtra continues to be the worst affected by the pandemic with 2,47,468 active cases, 11,79,726 cured and discharged cases and 38,717 deaths. This week, there are 53 new cases among people experiencing homelessness. A total of 295 people have recovered, and there are 47 active cases.
The department added that with the winter season approaching, it would be incredibly detrimental to close down again from COVID-19.
A record high 1,176 people were hospitalized with COVID-19 in Missouri on Tuesday, according to the Department of Health and Senior Services.
- Center: 638 cases (632 on Monday). The disease, however, can cause more severe illness, including pneumonia, and death, especially for older adults and people with existing health problems.
- Pence, Harris to clash in VP debate amid White House virus outbreak
- Player of the Month: who should win?
- Second stimulus check: Updates on negotiations in Congress today and Trump’s status
- Grand jury audio details raid that killed Breonna Taylor
- Alphabet Inc's Google launches Google TV, new Chromecast
- Google reveals one change coming to Android 12
- Clevinger emotional after elbow issue returns in NLDS Game 1
- Health Department Concerned About Increase in COVID Cases Per 100,000
- Simona Halep stunned by Polish teenager Iga Swiatek
- Trumps tests positive for Covid-19