Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is definitely without Anthony Martial for United's next game, which isn't until a week on Saturday because of the global break, after the Frenchman's red card against Spurs on Sunday. "I have had a conversation with the manager [Solskjaer] and this has increased my desire to wear this attractive shirt".
However, Cavani offers United a different option up front in attack compared to Anthony Martial and the club will hope he can provide a springboard like his ex-PSG strike partner Zlatan Ibrahimovic did when he arrived in 2016.
He will cost the club around £10 million and has signed a five-year deal with the option of a sixth. "I've worked really hard during the time off and I feel eager to compete and represent this incredible club".
'Alex is a fighter and a victor and will add real determination and competition to the squad'.
United have made a disastrous start to the 2020/21 Premier League season.
The 18-year-old was linked with Real Madrid, Juventus and Atletico and first came on United's radar in September 2017, and their scouts have continued to monitor him ever since.
Diallo scored on his Serie A debut in the first of three first-team appearances last season, after rising through the youth ranks at Atalanta. Traore will not join United until January at the earliest due to work permit and visa issues.
As confirmed by the club's official website, Manchester United have wrapped up another deal on the transfer deadline day, with Uruguayan worldwide striker Edinson Cavani joining the club on a free transfer.
- President Donald Trump, First Lady Test Positive For COVID-19
- COVID-19 cases surge in U.S. Midwest and Northeast
- Google is turning off face retouching by default on Pixel devices
- Rebels from Syria recruited to fight in Karabakh conflict
- Second stimulus check: Updates on negotiations in Congress today and Trump’s status
- Pfizer, BioNTech Vaccine to Get Rolling Data Review in Europe
- Google reveals one change coming to Android 12
- Apple sues recycling company for selling its devices
- Thiem reaches 4th round of French Open with straightforward win
- Study claims Earth may not be the best planet to live on