Quebec reported 900 new COVID-19 cases on Wednesday, bringing the cumulative total to 81,914.
Ontario Ministry of Health recorded a total 55,362 COVID-19 cases and a reported 2,987 deaths to date.
The testing backlog now stands at 55,483.
According to the province's epidemiology report, about 57 per cent of new infections are in people under the age of 40.
More than 1,700 people are still waiting for a COVID-19 test result in Ottawa. Of those patients, 47 are in the intensive care unit and 29 are breathing with the assistance of a ventilator.
Ford's spokesman said the government was also urging Toronto to move to the province's case and contact management system, which 30 of Ontario's health units have done.
As more and more people are rushing to get a test for the deadly virus, labs in the province are seeing such intense backlogs that they've now had to start shipping residents' nasopharyngeal swabs out to other jurisdictions to get processed.
For more on the week's top stories, and on how the novel coronavirus continues to spread across the country, please refer to our live updates below, as well as our COVID-19 news hub.
Health Minister Christine Elliott said 289 cases were in Toronto, 88 in Peel Region and 81 in Ottawa.
Algoma Public Health: 36 cases, rate of 31.5 per 100,000 population.
"For this Thanksgiving weekend it's not enough just to limit the size of our gatherings".
"This is a province with 157,000 people helping a province of 14.5 million people", Ford said Tuesday at a news conference in Toronto. "Having this critical capacity will ensure we are able to track, trace, and isolate the deadly invisible enemy we face through the second wave".
Association President Anthony Dale says hospitalizations related to COVID-19 have been creeping up - with 206 people now admitted - and the government needs to take preventative action.
6, the current backlog in tests was 1,743.
- Covid-19 neurological symptoms emerge in most hospitalized patients, study says
- Iran fears regional war as Azeri and Armenian leaders trade accusations
- Pfizer, BioNTech Vaccine to Get Rolling Data Review in Europe
- Eddie Van Halen, rock legend, loses battle with cancer at 65
- Thiem reaches 4th round of French Open with straightforward win
- BLACKPINK hopes to show growth, share positive energy with 1st full album
- Alphabet Inc's Google launches Google TV, new Chromecast
- Grand jury audio details raid that killed Breonna Taylor
- Clevinger emotional after elbow issue returns in NLDS Game 1
- President Donald Trump, First Lady Test Positive For COVID-19