The 44-year-old actor is set to reprise his role as Doctor Strange in the new movie, which will be the third film to star Tom Holland as the web-slinging superhero. We last saw the Marvel Cinematic Universe's magic hero in Avengers: Endgame, which saw the death of Spider-Man's previous mentor, Tony Stark.
Are you excited to see Spider-Man team-up with Doctor Strange in Spider-Man 3? This time, another big name will be joining the webhead's next adventure: Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange. Zendaya, Marisa Tomei, Tony Revolori and Jacob Batalon are expected to reprise their roles for Spider-Man 3 as well.
Earlier this week, Jamie Foxx put up a now-deleted Instagram post, in which he seemingly confirmed his return to the Spider-Man franchise as Electro has also set tongues wagging online for a different reason - they think there could be a Spider-Verse film in the offing, too. Peter Parker (the flagship character of Sony's Marvel franchise) is partly defined by his idolization of Iron Man (the flagship character Disney's MCU), adding narrative weight to the corporate agreement between Sony and Marvel. Perhaps Doctor Strange will help unite the two cinematic universes?
Download the Pinkvilla App for latest Bollywood & Entertainment news, hot celebrity photos, lifestyle articles, fashion & beauty news, Hollywood, K-Drama etc.
Benedict Cumberbatch would portray Stephen Strange in the Spider-Man 3.
The Hollywood Reporter says the sorcerer supreme will join the next Spider-Man movie starring Tom Holland in a mentor role.
Homecoming and Far From Home director Jon Watts returns for the next film, which is now scheduled for release on December 17, 2021.
Cumberbatch is already slated to appear in a second Doctor Strange movie titled Multiverse of Madness directed by Sam Raimi. Since then the discussions on taking Doctor Strange for Spider-Man 3 have been going on.
- Apple announces 'speed' event next week, new iPhones expected
- Facing heat, Google defers 30% in-app commission in India to 2022
- Pfizer, BioNTech Vaccine to Get Rolling Data Review in Europe
- Pence, Harris to clash in VP debate amid White House virus outbreak
- Thirteen charged in ‘plots’ against MI governor
- Eddie Van Halen, rock legend, loses battle with cancer at 65
- Covid-19 neurological symptoms emerge in most hospitalized patients, study says
- Reuters/Ipsos Poll: Trump's Handling Of Coronavirus Pandemic Hits Record Low Approval
- House Speaker Pelosi says she’ll talk about the 25th amendment on Friday
- Iran fears regional war as Azeri and Armenian leaders trade accusations