The CEO of cranberry company Ocean Spray has responded to TikTok's latest craze: the "Dreams" challenge, in which participants sip cranberry juice as they skateboard to the Fleetwood Mac song. The newly resurfaced video shared on Twitter Tuesday has sparked debate online about whether the footage is cause for cancelation, despite his previously positive internet presence and his background as an allegedly homeless Indigenous man.
@420doggface208 Thanks for the new wheels ocean spray!. His current home and ride has 300,000 miles on it and is unreliable - which is why he was riding his longboard that fateful afternoon he made the TikTok. Whilst skating, he then came across a lovely scene and thought to himself, this would be the ideal time to make a TikTok video! According to the BBC, Nathan works at a potato warehouse and filmed the clip en route to work after his auto battery died.
Fleetwood Mac is even a fan of his music video: Mick Fleetwood, 73, recreated the clip this week.
The Tik Tok video has been viewed so many times that it caught the attention of the folks at Ocean Spray.
"Please don't say nothing to me about this man", a user wrote in the caption of the controversial video.
Apodaca now has more than 2.2 million followers on TikTok - and his original video has 26.4 million views and counting.
It was good news for Fleetwood Mac also as the1997 chart-topper "Dreams" tripled in sales and doubled its streams after Apodaca's video went viral. Its become one of the better stories of 2020.
- Clevinger emotional after elbow issue returns in NLDS Game 1
- House Speaker Pelosi says she’ll talk about the 25th amendment on Friday
- Trump campaign loses challenge to NJ's new election rules
- The Cygnus cargo ship launched from the cosmodrome in the USA
- Pfizer, BioNTech Vaccine to Get Rolling Data Review in Europe
- Second stimulus check: Updates on negotiations in Congress today and Trump’s status
- Iran fears regional war as Azeri and Armenian leaders trade accusations
- Varosha: Turkey reopens deserted Cyprus resort but tourists will wait
- Dutchess County health officials strongly recommend flu vaccination this season
- Simona Halep stunned by Polish teenager Iga Swiatek