"They are trying to stop me", fumed the Briton after the race won by Mercedes team-mate Valtteri Bottas, who with it reduced the gap in the championship with leader Hamilton to 44 points.
Low clouds and mist made for poor visibility around the Nürburgring track.
The helicopter is required under F1 safety rules and must be able to fly any casualties to the hospital at high speed.
The washed out day has also deprived teams of important data, the collection of which will now be concentrated on Saturday's all-important 60-minute free practice session. "And wear masks. And keep our hands clean, keep our distances".
But the planned construction of the new track at Deodoro, a disused military base, would involve the felling of 70,000 trees, resulting in mounting public opposition to the proposal.
Drivers had plenty of time to kill.
Daniel Ricciardo (6th): "Solid one from the team again, sixth and seventh". George Russell and Nicholas Latifi also spun in their respective Williams cars.
Lewis Hamilton makes a second attempt to equal Michael Schumacher's record 91 Formula One race wins on Sunday, this time around the Nuerburgring track where a section is named after the German great.
What about that Schumacher record?
Two coronavirus infections have already been diagnosed in the Mercedes stable.
Formula One is set for a record-breaking weekend when the Nuerburgring hosts the first Eifel Grand Prix on Sunday, with six-time world champion Lewis Hamilton having a second go at matching Michael Schumacher's 91 career wins, while Kimi Raikkonen will line up for his 323rd Grand Prix start after equaling Brazilian Rubens Barrichello's record in Russian Federation two weeks ago. Six backup crew members have flown in from Britain to replace those who are in quarantine either following a positive test or due to their contact with people who were positive.
Schumacher, who is a member of Ferrari's driver academy, is focusing his attention on seeing out the campaign strongly despite being linked with an F1 drive in 2021.
"But if there was a bit less practice maybe some teams can get it right, some drivers can get it right and some don't". Since 1984, F1 races held at the 'Ring have taken place on the smaller and safer grand prix circuit adjacent to the Nordschleife. The regular drivers will need time to learn them.
- You'll soon be able to pet dogs in 'Ghost of Tsushima'
- Dutchess County health officials strongly recommend flu vaccination this season
- Benedict Cumberbatch Returning as Doctor Strange in 'Spider-Man 3′
- Ontario reports record number of new COVID-19 cases
- Tropical Storm Delta weakens while spreading rain and tornado threat farther inland
- Ontario allots $1.3 billion to enhance COVID-19 testing, contact tracing
- Paytm announces Rs 10 crore fund for mini app developers
- Ocean Spray Delivers Truck, Juice to Viral Fleetwood Mac Skateboarder
- Hurricane Delta ramps up approaching US Gulf Coast
- Trump Says There Is Very Good Chance of Reaching Stimulus Deal