The election is on November 3.
Hundreds of guests have been invited to the White House on Saturday, although Trump will not be mingling among the guests, as he is expected to deliver a speech from the White House balcony.
Questions remain about whether Trump, who announced on october 2 he had the virus and spent three nights in a military hospital, is still contagious.
"I've made the most incredible thing for the Black community, the African American community with jobs and everything else", said Trump.
Meanwhile, Trump's team maintains that there's "no medical reason" to continue with a virtual debate despite all evidence to the contrary. "The White House Pool will provide coverage of the second presidential debate".
Biden's campaign manager Kate Bedingfield later hinted that the former VP was open to rescheduling the town hall for October 22, so that Trump "is not able to evade accountability". Attendees would have to wear a mask and get screened for the virus beforehand. People at the Florida rally will be given a temperature check, masks that they will be encouraged to wear and access to hand sanitizer, the campaign said. He has attacked the CPD for a mic issue he had during the first presidential debate with Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton in 2016.
This is in spite of the coronavirus pandemic, which has also led to an economic downturn and a number of pandemic-related restrictions for businesses and schools across the country.
The initial decision by the commission to shift the debate online seemed to have blindsided the participants, with Trump saying that the CPD failed to reach out to his campaign before the announcement.
Both candidates have agreed to participate in the next debate, moderated by Kristen Welker of NBC News, on October 22.
- Top smartphones for gaming
- You'll soon be able to pet dogs in 'Ghost of Tsushima'
- Can Atleti snatch La Liga's title away from Barca?
- Hurricane Delta ramps up approaching US Gulf Coast
- Kim speaks before military parade
- Defoe strengthens Euros case
- UN World Food Program wins Nobel Peace Prize
- House Speaker Pelosi says she’ll talk about the 25th amendment on Friday
- Talent Not an Issue for England's New Manager
- New restrictions come in for Scotland’s pubs, bars, restaurants and cafes