Oh, and in news for all the dog lovers out there, you'll be able to unlock a charm that lets you pet the damn dogs.
As for games that are backwards compatible, "select" PS4 games will benefit from Game Boost, which "may make PS4 games run with a higher or smoother frame rate".
Sony Interactive Entertainment CEO, Jim Ryan, has said he believes more PlayStation 5 consoles will be sold in its first fiscal year than the amount of PS4s sold in the same period of time. You'll also be able to play PS4 games from PS Plus or via PS Now, and even stream them on Remote Play. Less than five weeks out from launch, we really should know by now.
Pre-orders have already sold out, but if you've bought the cheaper digital edition of the PS5, you may want to think about selling your old PS4 discs. And you'll need a PS4 to purchase apps, themes, and avatars. Both say the focus was the PS4 games catalogue, and that means that the PS5 won't support any games from previous consoles - at least at launch.
Specialty peripherals, such as officially licensed racing wheels, arcade sticks, and flight sticks, will work with PS5 games and supported PS4 games.
In case of Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales, your transfers will carry over whenever you decide to upgrade. But he also notes: "The ability to transfer game saves between a PS4 version and a PS5 version of the same game is a developer decision, and will vary title by title for cross-generational games".
And the U.S. site Engadget states, that regarding the games you have downloaded on your PS4 and your saved data, you can transfer all of that to the PS5 via the internal Wi-Fi network, and you will also be able to play PS4 games directly from an external drive supported by the device.
In the PlayStation 5 teardown video, Sony shows much of the individual components, including motherboard, heatsink, cooling fan, and more.
- Iran fears regional war as Azeri and Armenian leaders trade accusations
- COVID-19 cases surge in U.S. Midwest and Northeast
- UN World Food Program wins Nobel Peace Prize
- Covid-19 neurological symptoms emerge in most hospitalized patients, study says
- Pence, Harris to clash in VP debate amid White House virus outbreak
- Paytm announces Rs 10 crore fund for mini app developers
- Trump Says There Is Very Good Chance of Reaching Stimulus Deal
- Man Utd sign ex-PSG striker Cavani on free transfer
- Facebook Approached FBI About Michigan Militia Six Months Ago
- Ontario allots $1.3 billion to enhance COVID-19 testing, contact tracing