By making the cover plastic so easy to remove, Sony has also allowed itself and developers the opportunity to include custom covers with game releases.
Austin Evans tried connecting Sony's new DualSense Controller with his Pixel 5, and the process worked without a hitch.
In that announcement, Sony confirmed that the PS5 Media Remote which will launch with the console at an additional US$30 cost will have face buttons dedicated to Disney+, Netflix, YouTube and Spotify. Apple TV will sit within the PS5's media space alongside other streaming apps.
Apple TV can have somewhat confusing branding if you're not familiar with it, as it's effectively the name for Apple's set top boxes, but also its store for selling and renting third party content, while Apple TV+ is its own subscription streaming service with monthly fees.
It is important to note that app such as YouTube and Twitch will bring deeper integration with the PS5.
The UI for the new console was revealed last week, showing separate tabs for gaming and entertainment on the PS 5 home screen. However, both services are coming to PS5 along with MyCanal, Peacock, "and more" according to Sony, we just don't know when yet.
"Users can power on the PS5 console and quickly navigate media with built-in play/pause, fast forward and fast reverse controls", Rosenberg says of the remote. You'll also be able to use it to control compatible TVs, probably via IR, which is a nice touch.
PlateStation is offering free worldwide shipping for their faceplates but customers will be getting their products, hopefully, within two weeks of the PS5 lanch on November 19th. We don't have official Malaysian details just yet, but the PS5 Digital Edition will retail for Dollars 399.99 (~RM1,652), while the PS5 with an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive will go for USD 499.99 (~RM2,065).
- Thailand lifts emergency measures in bid to calm protests
- ⚪️ Watch: Gundogan and Torres score in Man City 3-1 Porto
- Nigeria unrest: Protesters 'shot' in Lagos as millions put under curfew
- Trump abruptly ends '60 Minutes' interview, taunts CBS's Lesley Stahl
- Pope's take on same sex civil unions surprises retired bishop
- Trump, Biden wrap up final debate
- Nancy Pelosi says stimulus Bill being drafted while some issues remain
- Massive turnout as Americans cast early election votes
- Pope Francis Calls for Civil Unions for Same-Sex Couples
- Matthew Wolff is feeling at home for Zozo Championship in Thousand Oaks