These Bluetooth headphones come in five colors (Space Grey, Silver, Sky Blue, Green and Pink) and will be available for purchase on December 15, 2020, and despite the fancy rollout, most of the internet responded to the ultra pricey AirPods Max news with a resounding "Huh?" Engraving is also available for free, and AppleCare+ adds another $59 to the cost.
Unlike over-ear headphones from Sony and Razer which exclusively rely on a Bluetooth connection for streaming audio and pairing, the AirPods Max take advantage of Apple's wireless H1 chip so that pairing is a seamless process when used with Apple devices.
As Apple puts it, the AirPods Max bring the magic of AirPods to an over-ear design with high fidelity sound.
The AirPods Max are fitted with custom Apple drivers and its proprietary H1 chip.
If you'd rather not pay more than the price of a PS5 or Xbox Series X just to enjoy some high-quality tunes on the go, there are plenty of superb noise-cancelling headphones you can get for hundreds of dollars less.
Granted, earbuds have required a fair bit of innovation to overcome the complexity of getting good sound out of buds while keeping them small and comfortable, as well as giving them as much battery as you can humanly squeeze out of such a small bud and equally small carrying case. Just like other Airpods, the Airpods Max immediately pair with your devices and can automatically switch between them.
In all fairness, the AirPods Max promise some impressive functionality for the money. The headphones have a total of nine microphones, eight of which also assist the Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) function to block noise from all directions. The $549 pair of premium, over-ear headphones features high-performance audio reproduction, Apple's H1 chip, and active noise cancellation.
Naturally, in order to get the full seamless experience from the AirPods Max, you need to use them with an existing, preferably current Apple device ecosystem. Some of its features include Adaptive EQ (equalizer) that changes dynamically adjust the frequencies of the audio depending on real-time factors like the fit and seal of the headphones. And in lieu of touch sensitive pads on each ear cup that detect taps and finger swipes for adjusting the sound and playback, the AirPods Max borrow the Digital Crown from the Apple Watch, hopefully providing a more precise and mechanical way of making volume adjustments and quickly accessing other shortcuts. Using this technology, AirPods Max can pause audio once removed or even when the user lifts one ear cup.
- Covid-19: United Kingdom surpasses 60000 deaths
- United Kingdom cabinet to back Boris Johnson over no-deal Brexit
- Jupiter and Saturn will form the first "double planet" in 800 years
- Plea In Supreme Court Seeks Removal Of Farmers Protesting At Delhi Borders
- US Suspends Exchange Programs With China: Calls Them Soft Power Propaganda Tools
- Trump doubles down on defense bill veto threat over Section 230
- Health Minister Tests Positive After Getting Covid-19 Vaccine Trial Dose
- Pfizer seeks emergency use authorisation for its COVID-19 vaccine in India
- Trump Calls Georgia's Gov. -and It Spills Onto Twitter
- Qatar to join European qualifying