NIH researchers worked with drugmaker Moderna to develop and test its Covid-19 vaccine, which became the first out of dozens of hopefuls to begin human trials this spring.
Cincinnati Children's will start vaccinating employees on Wednesday and in upcoming weeks. The dashboard shows the number of people who received their first dose and, starting in January, will provide a separate number for those who have completed their vaccination.
Jamie Kisgen, infectious disease pharmacy manager at SMH, called the arrival of the vaccine the greatest moment the hospital has had during the pandemic and a welcome development for employees after a hard year.
The vaccine was co-developed by the Massachusetts-based biotechnology company Moderna and the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, led by immunologist Dr. Anthony Fauci. Greg Abbott were also scheduled to receive vaccinations Tuesday.
That vaccine was approved by the Food and Drug Administration for emergency use during the weekend, and health officials could receive news of when the shipment will be arriving any time in the coming days.
Later, Fauci also addressed the children's concerns regarding when they would be able to get safely vaccinated just like Santa. He was confident and hopeful, of taking a major step towards fulfilling the institute's promise of ending the pandemic with the vaccines. "I consider it an honor to be a part of this process".
"We wanted something that can be transported more easily", Tubbs said.
More COVID-19 vaccines are rolling into Florida.
Storage complications for the ultracold Pfizer-BioNtech vaccine meant the Iowa City hospital won't receive the first-out-of-the gate vaccine until next month. Both vaccinations require getting two shots to be effective.
"The community wants to know when (the vaccines) are coming and what the plan is", Morelli said.
- Star Wars actor Jeremy Bulloch dies aged 75
- Malay PM To Be Among First To Receive Covid-19 Vaccine
- Great Conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn to occur Monday evening
- Manchester United Score Sublime Team Goal Against Sheffield United
- 48-hour travel suspension from United Kingdom to Ireland over coronavirus strain
- Pence, Pelosi and McConnell Receive Coronavirus Vaccine
- EC grants approval to Pfizer and BioNTech's Covid-19 vaccine
- Robinhood agrees to pay $65 million to settle SEC charges
- Russian athletes banned from Olympics for 2 years
- SMIC, China’s largest chipmaker, added to blacklist by US government