He said the AstraZeneca vaccine does not require freezing, making it much easier to transport than the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines, while the Johnson & Johnson vaccine was the only one of the four that requires just once shot (not two).
Vorpommern-Rügen authorities stressed that BioNtech has previously stated that larger doses were administered in the first phase of the vaccine study without serious consequences. Data also showed that 1,309 recent deaths were reported, bringing the total of those who've died to 330,901.
'I deeply regret the incident.
Once out of ultra-low temperature storage, the vaccine must be kept at 2C to 8C to remain effective for up to five days.
Wisconsin began vaccinations on December 14 after receiving the first shipment of the Pfizer-BioNtech vaccine. This individual case is due to individual errors.
With old-age home residents first in line, followed by carers, medical staff and social workers, "I think it's a relief".
"The CommonPass platform assesses whether the individual's lab test results or vaccination records (1) come from a trusted source, and (2) satisfy the health screening requirements of the country they want to enter", the company wrote on its website.
"There were doubts as to whether the cold chain was maintained at all times", Lichtenfels District Administrator Christian Meissner told Reuters TV.
On Monday, Health Minister Salvador Illa stated that, Spain will system a registry of people who refuse to be vaccinated against the new strain and share it with other European Union member states, although it will not be made public. "BioNTech said that the vaccine was probably okay, but "probably okay" is not enough", he said.
The mishap comes as Germany begins its vaccine rollout.
The EU is buying an additional 100 million doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine, European Commission President Ursula von der Leyen announced Tuesday.
The Spanish ministry added that seven other countries were affected.
- COVID-19 Vaccine | EU receives first dose
- US officials name Nashville Christmas Day 'bomber', say he died in blast
- Over 600,000 United Kingdom citizens receive first dose of Pfizer-BioNTech Covid vaccine
- AstraZeneca Says Its Vaccine Likely Works Against New Variant
- 744 more people have tested positive for Covid-19
- Liverpool vs. West Bromwich Albion - Football Match Report
- NY health network faces criminal investigation over COVID-19 vaccine
- Xiaomi Mi 11 vs Mi 10: What has changed?
- Virat Kohli on India's performance at the MCG
- Messi to miss Barcelona clash with Eibar