The beginning of the year 2021 has been kicked off by some sad news, as it became known on Thursday that the British rapper, Daniel Dumile, known by his artistic pseudonym MF DOOM, had passed away at the age of 49.
The rapper and producer, real name Daniel Dumile, was known for his elusive public image and for performing in a mask styled after the Marvel Comics supervillain Doctor Doom.
MF DOOM died earlier this year, according to a statement posted on his Instagram account today, December 31. After the news surfaced that MF Doom has sadly passed away, several noted personalities from the music world paid their heartfelt tribute.
It began, "Begin all things by giving thanks to THE ALL!' before continuing, 'To Dumile".
The rapper's representative, Richie Abbott, confirmed his death to Rolling Stone.
But in 1997, he remerged at open mic events wearing tights over his face. The group's debut album Mr. Hood was released in 1991, but Subroc died in a vehicle accident before the release of their second album Black Bastards, which happened the same week the group were dropped from their label, Elektra Records. His most recent album was a 2018 collaboration with the group Czarface: "Czarface Meets Metal Face". Dumile debuted the MF Doom character debuted in 1999, with the release of his debut solo album Operation: Doomsday.
Another of his high-profile collaborations was Danger Doom alongside DJ Danger Mouse, and he appeared with Damon Albarn's Gorillaz on their United Kingdom number one album Demon Days. He also produced tracks for Ghostface Killah and MF Grimm. Q-Tip tweeted, "RIP to another Giant your favorite MC's MC".
A spokesperson for MF DOOM did not immediately respond to Fox News' request for comment.
In a now revered New Yorker profile, MF Doom spoke candidly about his mask, origins, and persona: "I wanted to get onstage and orate, without people thinking about the normal things people think about". Proud to be your fan. "Thank you for allowing us to be your parents". "You inspired us all and always will", noted El-P of Run the Jewels. Other partnerships would come with leftfield hip-hop figures like Czarface and Jneiro Jarel, plus Flying Lotus, the Avalanches, and more. My souls is crushed.
Daniel then stayed away from the public eye until he made a decision to return as MF Doom in the late 90s.
- Hospital worker deliberately destroys 500 doses of Moderna Covid vaccine, Report
- Emergency U.S. Authorization For AstraZeneca COVID-19 Vaccine Likely In April
- Samsung to introduce Galaxy M02s in India for price below ₹10,000
- World Health Organization lists Pfizer vaccine for emergency use
- Ontario hits record high 3328 new COVID-19 cases
- US Congress overrides Trump’s veto of defence bill
- Nationwide dry run for COVID-19 vaccination to take place on Saturday
- Washington Football Team releases QB Dwayne Haskins after two seasons
- Rohit Sharma Takes Diving Catches During Team India's Training Session
- How every House member voted on increasing stimulus checks to $2,000