Showbiz 411 first reported the news on January 1, noting that King is in isolation at the hospital and unable to receive visits from family.
King, 87, considered at high risk for the virus, he had numerous health issues that he experienced over the years, including several heart attacks, lung cancer and angina.
King, 87, has been hospitalized at Cedars Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles for more than a week, the source said.
ShowBiz411, who reported the news first, claims his wife, Shawn King, as well as their two sons together, Cannon and Chance, are not allowed to see him at this point.
The Brooklyn native gained fame for his call-in radio show in the 1970s and went on to host his legendary CNN talk show from 1985 to 2010.
He also wrote a column for the USA Today newspaper for over 20 years. According to The Daily Mail, King's son Andy King suddenly died due to a heart attack on July 28, 2020.
- Sen Perdue quarantines for virus exposure ahead of GA runoff
- How every House member voted on increasing stimulus checks to $2,000
- Treasury Begins Disbursement of $600 Stimulus Payments
- Carlyle Lake Christmas Tree Recycling Project
- VP Pence: Election results are not up to me
- India approves AstraZeneca Covid vaccine
- Rohit Sharma Takes Diving Catches During Team India's Training Session
- US Congress overrides Trump’s veto of defence bill
- Masks on - new restrictions on Central Coast from midnight
- India tests vaccine delivery system with nationwide trial