Indian cricket chief Sourav Ganguly was under observation in hospital Sunday after a successful heart operation, doctors said, as well wishes including from the prime minister continued to pour in for the former star and captain. She added, "Sourav underwent angiography and angioplasty in one of three arteries". Doctors, on Sunday, stated, Sourav is under constant medical vigilance and in a stable condition now.
He had complained of chest pain following a workout session on Friday evening. "He has received loading doses of dual antiplatelets and statin and is undergoing primary angioplasty now", stated Dr Rupali Basu.
Sources said Union home minister Amit Shah called up BJP's minder for Bengal Kailash Vijayvargiya and requested him to offer Sourav's family all possible help.
"I am expressing my best wishes for the speedy recovery of Sourav Ganguly".
India skipper Virat Kohli, who has returned to India from Australia, tweeted, "Praying for your speedy recovery". I've spoken to his family. "Dada is stable and is responding well to the treatment". Earlier today, the Woodlands Hospital said in a medical bulletin that Sourav had an "uneventful last night" and the medical board will meet on Monday to discuss the further treatment plan.
"He had a mild cardiac arrest but is stable now". I heard he never underwent any test despite being such a big sportsperson of global stature.
"He will be requiring another angioplasty because of the triple vessel disease".
Ganguly was unanimously elected president of the Board of Control for Cricket in India, the sport's most powerful body in the country, in 2019.
Sachin Tendulkar and Sourav Ganguly [Photo- Getty Images] In terms of runs, Ganguly and Tendulkar top the chart for an opening pair in 50-over cricket with 6609 runs in 136 runs at 49.32 along with 21 century and 23 half-century hands. Despite his captaincy knock President XI suffered a 28-run defeat.
- VP Pence: Election results are not up to me
- Stay-At-Home extended- hospitals in crisis care mode
- Hospital worker deliberately destroys 500 doses of Moderna Covid vaccine, Report
- Biden criticises Trump administration over pace of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- Carlyle Lake Christmas Tree Recycling Project
- India approves 1st coronavirus vaccines for emergency use
- Sen Perdue quarantines for virus exposure ahead of GA runoff
- WHO Lists Pfizer/BioNTech Vaccine as First Best Emergency Use
- Minimum wage in Montana will increase on January 1st
- European Union mobilises emergency assistance for earthquake-hit Croatia