Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti said the pandemic is getting worse in his city as the virus spreads rapidly within households and people let their guard down with news of a vaccine's arrival. "We are not where we want to be, there's no doubt about that".
European Union approval for a vaccine from Moderna, expected this week, should add another 1.5 million doses of supply in the coming weeks, the document added.
Health officials in Britain are caught in a deadly race with the virus, which is surging again, and are struggling to get as many people vaccinated as possible.
Professor Anthony Harnden, the deputy chairman of the Government's joint committee on vaccination and immunisations, said: "Our current advice is to use the same vaccine for both doses".
He said: "Over the last few days I've been working very closely with the HSE, who are doing an incredible job, and we increased the vaccination target for this week from 20,000". And the holiday season meant health workers were taking time off, he said.
Balbir Singh Sidhu said that the ambit of the original scheme Ayushman Bharat of Government of India was limited to only 14 lakh families shortlisted as per Socio-Economic Caste Census (SECC) data-2011, while the Punjab Government led by Chief Minister Amarinder Singh, chose to increase the number of families to about 40 lakhs.
'Here, we have had further good news this morning.
In Scotland, the number of confirmed cases of the new form grew to 18, most in Greater Glasgow and Clyde, with some in Lanarkshire. While interacting with media persons, Punjab health minister Balbir Singh Sidhu said that the state has been proactive in taking prompt decisions regarding controlling the pandemic. As a result, 20,000 people were due to be inoculated this week. But the editor of the British Medical Journal said that there was no such recommendation. More than 50,000 new infections have been reported daily over the past six days.
The respiratory illness qualified and member of the Government's Scientific Advisory Team for Emergencies, stated: "It can be saved at a far more effortless temperature and it can thus be moved all around the region a ton much more effortlessly". A vaccine from the United States biotech firm Moderna will also be included if it receives approval.
Steven Danehy, a spokesman for Pfizer, pointed to the company's late-stage clinical trial findings, which relied on a two-dose schedule of its vaccine that was 95 per cent effective at preventing Covid-19.
- Texas A&M runs past North Carolina in Orange Bowl, 41-27
- British singer MF Doom dies at age of 49
- India approves 1st coronavirus vaccines for emergency use
- Spurs assistant makes history as first woman to lead National Basketball Association team
- British PM's father plans to seek French citizenship
- 'Pivotal moment' as Britain set to roll out AstraZeneca vaccine
- Rohit Sharma Takes Diving Catches During Team India's Training Session
- Hospital worker deliberately destroys 500 doses of Moderna Covid vaccine, Report
- Sen Perdue quarantines for virus exposure ahead of GA runoff
- VP Pence: Election results are not up to me