The news of vaccines rollout comes as a ray of hope amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic situation for nearly all countries. Sonia had no prior health conditions, and she did not develop any adverse symptoms after receiving the vaccine shot.
Inoculations with the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine began in the U.S. on December 14.
The tests, called neutralising assays, will help determine the reliability of vaccines against the variant, he said.
Asserting that any approved vaccines will have to meet stringent safety and efficacy requirements, he added: "Allowing individuals to have choice of vaccines will unnecessarily complicate this already complex vaccination programme".
The vaccine arrived on the island on the 16th December, but the Isle of Man Government made the decision to delay the rollout until the New Year. "So there is no choice".
Dr. Mercer said a regular and growing supply means as people come due for their second dose of the vaccine those doses should be readily available.
The first man in line, Rolando Zarate, said he started lining up since 2:30 a.m. Monday to assure he got a place in line. Director Professor CBK Mohanty, Directorate of Medical Education & Training (DMET) informed that once the dose reaches the state the vaccination process will soon kick start.
Beniquez is one of hundreds of front-line workers a day getting vaccinated at the hospital, and that number of vaccinations a day could be going up, as the hospital now has access to Moderna's vaccine as well.
Baker said that MA right now gets "a few days notice about how much and when for the next shipment" but could more efficiently vaccinate people if it could plan further ahead.
In a statement, Jeffrey Mondelli, RPh, Vice President of Pharmacy, Health & Beauty at Wakefern Food Corp., said, "We're proud to take part in this groundbreaking public health campaign, which could significantly reduce the spread of COVID-19". Reeves said 163,750 doses have been distributed to MS as of late last week.
- Hospital worker deliberately destroys 500 doses of Moderna Covid vaccine, Report
- Roll out of second vaccine a 'triumph of British science'- UK's Hancock
- U.S. may halve Moderna`s vaccine doses to inoculate more people
- Iran starts 20% uranium enrichment, seizes oil tanker in Strait of Hormuz
- India approves AstraZeneca Covid vaccine
- India tests vaccine delivery system with nationwide trial
- Rocky Start to 2021 for Slack as Outage Takes Messaging App Offline
- India approves 1st coronavirus vaccines for emergency use
- India reports 20,036 new COVID-19 cases, 256 deaths
- India approves vaccines as nations fight virus resurgence