"The Colorado National Guard has a proud tradition of supporting the presidential inauguration", The Adjutant General of Colorado U.S. Army Brig. "The National Guard has supported presidential inaugurations since the founding of our nation".
According to the National Guard, several other states are activating to provide timely, safe, and proactive support to civilian authorities.
National Guard troops deployed at the state level by governors follow the health guidance of that particular state, including coronavirus testing protocol. "The state police have secured the Capitol, and I've got confidence that we will continue to be able to", Gov. Gretchen Whitmer said Wednesday.
"The public should find some calm in knowing that the situation's being monitored and that what happened last week at the Capitol won't happen here in California", he said. "Verify that information with one of the official sources pertaining to the National Guard Bureau, the South Carolina National Guard, and the state of South Carolina".
Different entities involved in the inauguration are preparing as well. "I'm incredibly thankful for everything they do, and this is just the latest example of our Kansas National Guard being always ready to answer the call for our state and nation".
The inaugural committee's virtual "welcome event" took place on Saturday evening, featuring appearances from union leaders, activists and celebrities such as actor Whoopi Goldberg.
Despite an increased police presence near the city's federal buildings, Washington D.C. Mayor Muriel Bowser said she's still concerned about possible attacks elsewhere in the city.
- Police detain Kremlin critic Navalny on return to Russian Federation
- Fulham silence Mourinho with late leveller to deny Tottenham
- Bianca Andreescu forced to isolate prior to Australian Open
- Pennsylvania man accused of striking Capitol cop with fire extinguisher is charged
- CES 2021: AMD debuts mobile Ryzen 5000 processors
- U.S. blacklists Xiaomi, CNOOC, Skyrizon, raising heat on China
- Samsung Galaxy SmartTag, Galaxy SmartTag+ trackers launched alongside Galaxy S21 series; details
- U.S. House Democrats to introduce Trump impeachment article
- What now? Steelers face uncertain future after quick exit
- Pompeo pushes new claim of China covering up Covid origin