Today, we are reporting two periods: April 3 to 4, we had 999 cases, and in the last 24-hours, we had a further 890 cases for a two-day total of 1,889 new cases.
Hays County has recorded 238 coronavirus-related fatalities since the first diagnosis of the disease within its boundaries on March 14, 2020. The third phase began on April 1.
He also noted that some individual hospitals are struggling with large numbers of COVID-19 patients, including Lions Gate Hospital in North Vancouver, Surrey Memorial Hospital and Royal Columbian Hospital in New Westminster.
"All of the measures that can control COVID-19 are the best measures to deal with the variants".
The province's COVID-19 Immunization Plan is ahead of schedule, and B.C.'s online and telephone registration and booking system, will be open as of 8 a.m. tomorrow, for people 71 years and older, Indigenous peoples 18 and older, and those who have received their "clinically extremely vulnerable" letter in the mail to book their vaccine appointment.
"The variants are not dissimilar to the rest of COVID-19". He said Covid-19 testing facilities are available at 63 centers across the state. There are now more COVID-19 patients in intensive care than at any other point in the pandemic.
The provincial health officer released figures on Monday showing a jump of nearly 1,000 active cases of the disease each day over the past few days, with 8,490 people now sick. There are now 103 active cases, according to the university's dashboard.
Of the active cases, 318 individuals are now hospitalized with COVID-19, 96 of whom are in intensive care.
Health officials have pointed to emerging evidence that on top of being easier to spread, B.1.1.7 and P.1 can cause more severe illness, including in younger people.
Scott, along with his wife, Diana McTeague Scott, received the Johnson & Johnson vaccine at a clinic at Montpelier High School. The pre-registration list does not guarantee an appointment.
Those numbers are expected to increase sharply in coming weeks with people age 50 and up becoming eligible last Thursday, and people age 16 and up becoming eligible April 15.
Bhushan said that the matter was discussed with state representatives and domain knowledge experts in a meeting of National Expert Group on Vaccine Administration for Covid-19, where it was decided that no fresh registrations in categories of HCWs and FLWs will be allowed with immediate effect. The DSHS estimates that Hays County has a population of 183,380 who are 16 years or older.
- NY state poised to legalize possession, sale of cannabis
- Auto rams U.S. Capitol barricade, injuring 2 cops; suspect shot
- Joe Biden Fails to Condemn Farrakhan Follower Capitol Hill Attack in Statement
- Biden Releases Statement on Capitol Attack: Jill and I are 'Heartbroken'
- Radioactive wastewater leak prompts evacuation in Florida
- On day three of Chauvin’s trial, bystanders testify
- Germany to restrict AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccines to over-60s
- Australia working with EU, UK on AstraZeneca blood clot case
- A 3rd National Lockdown Seems Likely in France as Hospitals Are Overwhelmed
- Ontario to announce 28-day provincewide 'shutdown' today