One death was reported on Vancouver Island, where 35 people have now died of COVID-19 since the pandemic began.
There were 881 cases from Friday to Saturday, with 847 cases reported from Saturday to Sunday, and 763 from Sunday to Monday.
According to the Brihanmumbai Municipal Corporation (BMC)'s updated data, with the addition of 3,876 cases, the COVID-19 tally increased to 6,31,527, while the death toll jumped to 12,853.
"As always, our condolences and our thoughts go out to the families who have lost a loved one to this pandemic", said provincial health officer Dr. Bonnie Henry.
She said that the AstraZeneca vaccine is being offered to people between the age of 40 and 59 because of a recent spike in hospitalizations among people in that age range. Citing the privacy of the family, Henry said officials "won't be adding any additional information".
Dr Shashank Joshi, a member of the Maharashtra government's Covid-19 task force and a renowned endocrinologist, said the turnaround was due to the metropolis tacking the surge with the "ATM strategy", which is "Assess, Triage and Transfer, and Management".
Henry reported the baby's death while addressing concerns raised in Ontario that more people are dying at home after contracting COVID-19.
But, from April 18, cases dropped below 8,000 for the next five days, until April 24, when only 5,888 cases were reported in a single day.
"People in the tourism and hospitality sectors are facing significant challenges as their businesses and livelihood continue to be under extreme pressure from COVID-19", said Melanie Mark, Minister of Tourism, Arts, Culture and Sport.
The increasing case numbers come with the introduction of the B.1.1.7 variant, which spreads more easily and quickly than other variants of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19. The toddler, who was under two, lived in the Fraser Health region. But now we're seeing everyone get it.
"So far we're not seeing that happen here, but we will continue to pay attention", Henry said, urging people to seek medical care if they need it.
For the time being, that means avoiding indoor social gatherings, staying close to home and following all of B.C.'s current public health orders.
- Canadian govt to send support to virus-hit province AFP
- Police shoot, kill teenage girl in Columbus
- Ontario emergency orders pave the way for more workers to help hospitals
- Delays in shipments of AstraZeneca vaccine expected in province
- Floyd family says push for policing change can not end after verdict
- Closing Arguments Are Heard In The Trial Of Derek Chauvin
- COVID patients die in India due to lack of O2
- India is going through very awful situation, says Dr Anthony Fauci
- India COVID crisis: Hospitals buckle under record surge
- Trans-Tasman bubble opens as Victoria records zero locally-acquired cases